These spicy sweet nuts make a great hostess gift when traveling, or a perfect snack for the road! Make them ahead and keep in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 21⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 11⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 cups raw pecans
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, salt, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
- In a small saucepan combine the honey, olive oil, and water and bring to a boil over
- medium-high heat.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until the mixture is bubbly and syrupy.
- Place the pecans on a sheet tray and pour the honey mixture over the pecans,
- stirring well to coat the nuts evenly.
- Add the brown sugar mixture and stir well
- again to coat the nuts evenly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until light golden brown.
Join our NEW Facebook Community: Making Travel Easier. We promise to always tell you what we would tell our best friend -- what works for kids, what doesn’t and what you need to know before you go to have the Best. Family. Vacation. Ever. Our group of travel experts are ready to answer your travel questions!