Are you headed out on a Walt Disney World vacation soon? Looking for a fun and simple way to count down the days with your family until you see the Mouse again? This easy DIY Disney World Countdown is a perfect way to count those days! Use these directions and print out the template to make one at home to use for counting down to your next Disney World family vacation.
Planning your trip to Walt Disney World can be nearly as much fun as the vacation itself. If you have a true Disney side, your planning phase for your Disney trip can be just as themed out as the trip! Scheduling FastPass selections, creating Disney bounding outfits, and choosing the right advanced dining reservations are all a part of the process—and a countdown can help you to keep track of some very important dates.
Whether you create a fun crafty countdown or you are using an app on your phone or computer to help keep track of the days until your next Disney World vacation, a Disney World Countdown is a must as you are planning. We’ve created a super simple and easy DIY Disney World Countdown to use with your family to help with the excitement. Just put it together and count the sleeps until you get to see the Mouse again! This craft is so easy anyone can do it!
DIY Disney World Countdown
In order to make this easy DIY Disney World Countdown at home, you’ll need just a few basics supplies—many of which you probably have at home already. We tried to make this really simple so anyone can enjoy it, regardless of their crafting abilities. It’s about as easy as a DIY project can get, we promise!
DIY Disney World Countdown Supplies:
- 8.5″x11″ Paper (standard 20# printer paper is find, but you can also print on a heavier weight, colored, or textured paper if you want to)
- 4″x6″ photo frame*, with glass (we chose one that had a table stand on the back)
- Dry erase marker
- Printer (or access to a printer)
- This DIY Disney World Countdown printable download
DIY Disney World Countdown Directions:
- Download the template for the DIY Disney World Countdown. This high-res PDF file is designed for your personal use only. Please don’t print this images with the intention to sell or distribute.
- Print the DIY Disney World Countdown PDF and trim the image to 4″x6″ to fit in the frame.
- Insert the DIY Disney World Countdown printable into the 4″x6″ photo frame.
- Use the dry erase marker to countdown the days until your next Disney World vacation.
*While we chose a 4″x6″ photo frame, you could also use a 5″x7″ frame and trim the image size just a bit larger to fit the space if you’d rather use a slightly larger size frame.
Planning your Disney World Vacation
Do you have your hotel accommodations planned yet for your next stay at Disney World? If you’re looking for a great hotel option within walking distance of Disney Springs that also offers bus transportation to Disney World, check out the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort. It’s a good, affordable option to save a little money so you can do more shopping, dining, and other experiences on your Disney World vacation. Guests can choose between garden rooms and tower rooms, and you’ll will find lots of the amenities such as a character breakfast, pool, spa, and even tennis courts. You’ll find the Jill the Fun Director in the pool area. She’ll lead activities such as crafts for kids and pin trading. The staff is fantastic (our last stay featured top notch front desk staff).