Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Thinking of making matching Disney family shirts for your trip to Disney World or Disneyland with the family and don’t know where to start? Between Pinterest and Etsy, the options can be overwhelming. Here, we round up some of the best family Disney family vacation shirts whether you want to have totally matching Disney shirts or want to just stick with a theme across the family!
The Best Disney Family Shirts
One of my favorite things about going on a Disney trip is making Disney family shirts or at least coming up with coordinated matching family Disney shirts to wear together! I’m an annual passholder at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World, so it’s safe to say that I’ve been to Disney a lot in the past few years. During my visits, I’m always on the lookout for the best Disney family vacation shirts I can find while I’m there!
These are some of the best matching Disney shirts I’ve seen in the past few years – all options that you can either make yourself or buy for a reasonable price!
Why Wear Matching Disney Shirts?
If you’re reading this post, you’re likely already thinking about wearing Disney family vacation shirts. If not, here are some reasons to consider it!
- They’re fun and make for great pictures, whether you have the Disney Memory Maker or not.
- They make packing and picking out outfits at the parks easy! Just assign a day to each of your matching Disney shirts and you’re done!
- Make it easy to spot one another in a crowd if you’re all wearing the same shirt!
- You can save money by getting your own shirts instead of buying them as souvenirs in the parks. Here are some other great ways to save on souvenirs!
- It’s a great way to celebrate a special occasion.
- And did I mention they’re fun? I can’t tell you how many people have stopped me and commented on my DIY Disney shirts in the parks!
We asked this adorable family from Brazil to take their picture for this post. They represent everything about what getting Disney World family shirts is all about. No doubt this was a very special trip for them coming all the way from Brazil, and with multiple generations present. The buttons they were wearing told me it was their first visit. They were obviously very proud to be there and were making the most of it!
Planning Your Disney Family Shirts
One of the best things about Disney family vacation shirts is that there are really no rules! These are four of the most common ways to wear “matching Disney shirts” to Disney World but if this doesn’t work for you, mix it up!
- Wear matching Disney shirts that are the exact same like in the Brasil Mickey shirt above.
- Everyone wears similar matching family Disney shirts that are customized slightly with their name or favorite character.
- Plan a DIY Disney shirt that matches a particular theme (aka Beauty and the Beast in the first picture below) rather than shirts that match exactly.
- Everyone wears themed matching Disney shirts (aka Star Wars) but some are DIY Disney shirts and some are ones you purchased to match the theme like in the Lion King picture below.
DIY Matching Disney Family Shirts
There are a number of different ways you can make your own Disney family shirts! I’ve included some of the most common methods below along with examples and links to the tutorials so you can make them yourself!
DIY Disney Shirts Made with Heat Transfer Vinyl
One of the most common ways to make Disney family shirts is by just adding heat transfer, or iron-on vinyl to shirts. That’s how I’ve made all of my Disney family shirts in the past. If you have an electronic cutting machine like a Cricut Explore Air or Silhouette Cameo (or know someone who does), you can cut your own vinyl designs for all of your shirts. These machines typically run around $200 and if you’re planning on Disney family shirts for a large group, planning shirts for a lot of days, or planning multiple trips to Disney – it might be worth the investment since you’ll be able to use it for a long time.
Here are some of the best Disney family shirts I could find out there that provide free cut files if you want to make these shirts yourself! Or send an Etsy seller a link and who knows, they may cut the vinyl custom for you using the free cut file! I’ve done that with people before when I see a free shirt design I wanted cut!
Other Ways to Make Matching Disney Shirts
If you don’t have an electronic cutting machine, you can still make your own Disney family vacation shirts! Below are some of the best DIY Disney shirts I could find that you can make yourself, no vinyl cutter necessary! Click on the link below the image to go directly to the tutorial for the shirt.
Matching Disney Family Shirts You Can Buy
There are tons of places out there to buy customized Disney family shirts and my personal favorite is Etsy. If you want to keep costs down, you could always buy the heat transfer and iron it on yourself like Karen Heffren, the Desert Traveling Mom did for this Hulk Mickey-Mouse shirt! The iron on transfer only cost her $4 plus the cost of the shirt!
Here are some of the best Disney family shirts I could find! Click on the link to see all of the different shirt options and to buy!
Pin this collection of Disney family shirts for your next vacation!
More Insider Tips for Planning Your Disney World Vacation:
- Everything you need to know about Disney Magic Bands
- Tips for using the My Disney Experience App
- Is Disney Memory Maker worth the cost?
- The ultimate Disney packing list
- Should you buy a Disney park hopper ticket?
Editor’s Note: This post was originally written by Chris Bird and updated by Britni Vigil.