If money were no object, I would travel around the world with a lot of stops in between. I would spend the amount of time until that feeling of understanding the culture sunk in. If it was a place I have traveled to before the amount of time would be based on reliving memories. Relaxation is important too – lessening stress and being pampered.
Florida Beach Trip
Peace and quiet means a beach location at a luxury resort.
· Hawks Cay Island Resort – I visited here years ago and still have fond memories of the gorgeous lagoon and ocean. A water-view resort room would be my pleasure to sit on the balcony and take photos of the sunsets. The Dolphin Connection program is a must do as well as a romantic meal at Alma.
· 7 Day Western Caribbean Cruise – Instead of the Presidential Suite, the Accessible Crown Loft Suite would be my choice because of being disabled. Along with this suite comes an Enhanced Program of amenities including reserved theater seating, VIP pool seating and priority check-in and departure.
North American Trips
· Las Vegas to try my hand at gambling and see some shows
· The Grand Canyon
· Western Canada to experience the outdoors and unspoiled areas
· Hawaii because we visited there once before and didn’t have enough time to explore
· New York City to eat at high end restaurants, diners and food trucks and to visit all of the neighborhoods and sights
· Belize and Panama to get a taste of Central America
· Montreal and Toronto to see family members
Each country is on my list, but my “must sees” are Italy to learn about my heritage and to taste every kind of food possible, Spain because of its architecture, Greece mainly for the islands, all of Great Britain to take the time to see what I missed the first time around, Monaco- just because and France for the romance and food.
I would love to visit Israel, Japan, the UAE, Singapore, and the Philippines among other countries.
Brazil, the Galapagos Islands and Peru have been on my dream list for a long time.
Of course, I want to visit Australia, but one of dream vacations of all times is Fiji for its exotic culture, island beaches and 5 star accommodations such as the Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa. It offers a private beach and lagoon style pool and is close to the Garden of the Sleeping Giant.
I would skip Antarctica as extremely cold weather is not my thing.
This is just a small peek into the places I would travel if money were no object. As you travel and meet others who travel, you learn about other magnificent areas in the world to see. And I would take advantage of everything. Whare would you go?
Connie Roberts is a professional blogger who makes it her mission to advocate for people with medical issues. Travel with a disability is not a struggle, but an opportunity to see the world and let others see that it’s possible and a lot of fun. Tweet with her @ConnieFoggles.