Something truly magical just happened in Orlando: The legendary luxury and service of the Four Seasons Walt Disney World has arrived. The brand new hotel just opened on the grounds of the swanky Golden Oak. Boasting the largest guest rooms in Orlando, character breakfasts and private five-acre waterpark, there’s a lot for parents to cheer about.
Wondering what’s included? Transportation? Extra Magic Hours? So were we. Here’s everything you need to know about the new Four Seasons Orlando:
1. It is within the gates of Walt Disney World; it’s just five miles from the Magic Kingdom and four miles from Epcot.
2. Free transportation leaves for the Magic Kingdom every 30 minutes, the other parks have hourly transportation. Can’t wait? The staff will arrange a private car for just $18, almost free with a screaming princess in tow who wants to get to the castle NOW.
3. You can have Disney merchandise sent to the Four Seasons from any of the parks. The hotel has onsite Disney planners to help with all the details of your vacation.
4. Staying at the hotel does not entitle you to Extra Magic Hours—those magical moments either before or after the standard park operating hours reserved only for those staying at Disney resorts.
5. The Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy and Pals characters happens on property twice a week. The hotel isn’t allowed to say which characters will be there, but we have it on good authority that a certain mouse shows up.
6. Free childcare. I know, right? Kids for All Seasons welcomes kids ages 4-12 in the kids’ camp located on Explorers Island. Mom and Dad can enjoy a drink by the adults’ only pool or sneak in to the parks for some late night Space Mountain fun.
7. A five-acre Explorer Island just right for cooling after after a hot day at the parks. It’s full of family amenities: pools, splash pad, water slides, lazy river with rapids section, beach volleyball, outdoor pool and ping pong, plus an indoor center with the latest in computer games.
8. Unobstructed views of the nightly fireworks. Book a reservation at the 17th floor rooftop Spanish steakhouse with views of the nightly fireworks at the Magic Kingdom® Park and Epcot®. Or go for all-out luxury and book your own private fireworks cruise.
9. The golf course opens in September. The Tom Fazio designed Tranquilo Golf Club is a certified Audubon sanctuary. In addition to great rounds for the golf fanatics, there are programs for beginners and children.
10. Spa. With waterside bungalows. Enough said.
11. For a limited time the hotel is offering a “buy two nights, get the third night free” special. This hotel promises to be hugely popular and full for many years to come, snag the deal while you can.