Did you love “Eat Pray Love?” Do you believe that travel can be transformative? Then join us Nov. 22 for our TravelingMom Monday Twitter party. We’ll be talking about the chick flick sensation, “Eat Pray Love on Director’s Cut Blu-ray & DVD,” and giving away lots of great prizes, including copies of the DVD, travel guidebooks to Italy and a Spa gift certificate.
In the movie, which will be released on Nov. 23, Liz Gilbert (played by the always wonderful Julia Roberts) gets a divorce then heads off on an around-the-world odyssey to find herself. She eats her way through Italy, seeks God in an ashram in India, and ultimately heads to Bali where she falls in love.
Can’t spend a year seeing the world? Doesn’t matter. All travel can be transformative, even the weekend camping trip when the kids got an up close look at Mother Nature. Join us to celebrate the transformative power of travel, food and love during the Nov. 22 Twitter party.
Wondering what the heck is a Twitter party? We can help.
WHEN: Nov. 22, 9-10 pm ET (8-9 pm CT; 7-8 pm MT; 6-7 pm PT)
WHAT: Twitter party – Eat Pray Love DVD release
HOW to JOIN: Follow the hashtags #TMOM #EPLDVD or use TweetGrid
Random drawings: 4 Eat Pray Love swag baskets that include: DVD copy of Eat Pray Love on Director’s Cut, 2 EPL custom bracelets, EPL poster, delicious Italian Sauce, 4 EPL special booklets with recipes & coupons and an incredible guidebook to Italy. You are eligible to win a swag basket prize just for RSVPing here.
Grand Prize: If you RSVP here AND participate on the Twitter party from 9-10 pm EST on Nov. 22, you will be eligible to win the huge grand prize basket that includes a passport holder, $100 spa gift certificate, $60 grocery card, EPL Directors Cut DVD and EPL booklet with recipes and coupons.
There are four ways to enter:
1. RSVP for the party below by leaving your Twitter handle. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can still enter by leaving a comment below telling us why you aren’t on Twitter (i.e. “It’s stupid,” or “How can I say anything important in 140 characters or less?”)
2. If you are on Twitter and would like an additional entry, help us spread the word about TravelingMom Monday by tweeting:
#TMOM Twitter Party 11/22, 9pm ET Share your stories of #EatPrayLove & transformational travels. RSVP: http://bit.ly/aQqeId #EPLDVD
Then come back here and leave a new comment telling us you tweeted the party promotion and you’ll get a second entry. All tweets must be sent before 9pm ET on November 22.
3. “Like” the “Eat Pray Love on Director’s Cut Blu-ray & DVD,” page on Facebook, then come back here and leave another comment telling us you did.
4. Read the Traveling Mom with Teens’ post on finding (or re-finding) love on a kid-free trip to Puerto Rico, then come back here and enter a comment telling us whether you’ve ever used travel to find love or rekindle romance.
Want to read more great EPL posts by our panelists? See our list below:
- @FrenchFoodieMom on ChefDruckMusings.com
- @wiredmom on MaryHeston.com
- @connectingwomen on ConnectingWomenMedia
- @Momfluential on Momfluential.com
- @blogwelldone on BlogWellDone.com
Throughout the party, we’ll randomly choose winners for the Eat Pray Love DVD swag baskets from the RSVP list. The Grand Prize winner will be awarded at the end of the party to someone on this RSVP list WHO ALSO HAS PARTICIPATED IN THE PARTY before the last drawing announcement. If you cannot make the party, you are not eligible to win the grand prize.
All winners will be chosen using random.org. If you win a Eat Pray Love swag basket, you are still eligible to win the Grand Prize (see rules above), however you are not allowed to win two Eat Pray Love swag baskets. You will have 48 hours to respond and claim your prize. If we do not hear from the winner within 48 hours, a new winner will be randomly drawn. Winners please DM your address to @travelingmoms and allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.