Summer means family vacation, and family vacation means planning. You know who does most of the family vacation planning (hint, it’s probably the traveling mom in your household). Join us on May 23 to share your tips on family vacation planning and be eligible to win an iPad2.
This party is sponsored by goby, the travel app for iPhones that makes it easy to find fun things to do, whether you’re staying home or heading off on a family vacation. The app works on iPads, iPods and iPhones. We’ll give away an iPod and an iPad2.
Wondering what the heck is a Twitter party and how TMOM Monday works? We can help.
WHEN: May 23, 9-10 pm ET (8-9 pm CT; 7-8 pm MT; 6-7 pm PT)
WHAT: Twitter party – Travel Planning
HOW TO JOIN: Follow the hashtags #TMOM and #TMOMgoby
Because our Grand Prize is a must-have iPad2, there are more ways than ever to enter. Be sure you come back here each time you’ve completed another optional task to enter another comment letting us know.
One comment=one entry.
You can tweet a new entry once a day between now and May 23. During the party, we will be giving away goby t-shirts every 10 minutes.
3 REQUIREMENTS FOR IPAD2 AND IPOD PRIZE WINNERS
Contest will close at 10 am ET on May 24, the Tuesday after the #TMOMgoby Twitter party. After the contest closes, we will choose iPod and iPad2 winners from among all comments using random. Then we will check to be sure the winner has met all of the entry requirements. Once we have confirmed the winners are qualified, the names will be announced on Twitter, and on TravelingMom and goby Facebook pages. Winners will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
This contest is open only to residents of the United States and Canada.
REQUIRED for iPOD and iPAD2:
1. You must RSVP in the comment section below with your Twitter name. If you would like to set up a Twitter account (it’s free), click here.
2. You must have at least one tweet on the Twitter party 5/23 from 9-10 ET.
3. Visit www.goby.com and search for an adventure in your city. Post a link to what you found in the comment section below.
REQUIRED for GOBY SWAG PRIZES
1. RSVP for the party below by leaving your Twitter handle. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can still enter by leaving a comment below telling us why you aren’t on Twitter (i.e. “It’s stupid,” or “How can I say anything important in 140 characters or less?”) If you would like to set up a Twitter account (it’s free), click here.
EXTRA ENTRIES (optional):
1. Spread the word about TMOM Monday by tweeting about it. Sample tweet:
Win an iPad2 on the 5/23 #TMOM Twitter party, sponsored by @TheRealGoby. Many ways to enter: http://bit.ly/lVnqRy #TMOMgoby
Then come back here and leave a comment with a link to your tweet. (To get a link to your tweet, simply right click on the time and date stamp below your tweet. It will take you to the page and give you the link. Clip and paste the link below in the comments section.) You may tweet a new entry once a day from now until May 23. Remember, you’re only entered if you leave the link to your tweet in the comment section below.
2. Like TravelingMom on Facebook and leave us a comment there. Then come back here and tell us you did (or if you’re already a FB fan of TMOM, let us know that now).
3. Like goby on Facebook. Then come back here and tell us you did (or if you’re already an FB fan of goby leave that comment here).
4. Download the goby® iPhone app from iTunes (it’s free) and post the receipt number below (receipt number will appear in the subject line of the confirmation email you’ll get from iTunes after you download the app).
5. Sign up for the TravelingMom.com weekly newsletter. If you already are a subscriber, leave a comment telling us that. A
6. If you already get the TMOM newsletter, forward it to a friend. Then come back here and tell us you did.
All winners will be chosen using random.org. Winners will have 48 hours to respond and claim the prize. Winners please DM your address to @TravelingMoms and allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. Residents of US and Canada only. Swag winners are eligible for Grand Prize.
See TMOM Twitter party policies for more info.