Have you had a not-so-great family holiday vacation? One that didn’t go just the way you had hoped? One in which the kids got sick? The car broke down? Your mother-in-law insisted on coming along? Sometimes those family vacation mishaps make the funniest memories.
Share your funny stories of not-so-great family holiday vacation moments during our Dec. 5 #TMOM Monday Twitter party. RSVP in the comment section below and join us on the party to be entered to win an iPad2 courtesy of Capital One Venture.
Want another chance to win big? Enter the Holiday Travel Double Take Giveaway courtesy of Venture on TravelingMom for a chance to give that not-so-perfect vacation a do-over*. We’re giving away a family vacation, including four plane tickets and five nights in a hotel, worth up to $5,000.
WHEN: Dec. 5, 9-10 pm ET (8-9 pm CT; 7-8 pm MT; 6-7 pm PT)
WHAT: Twitter party – Not-So-Great Vacations that deserve a do-over
HOW TO JOIN: Follow the hashtags #TMOM #DoubleTake
We’ll give away an iPad2 to one lucky winner at the end of the Dec. 5 Twitter party. As always, there are several ways to enter and you can enter more than once.
1. RSVP for the party below by leaving your Twitter handle. (If you aren’t on Twitter, it’s easy—and free—to sign up. Go to www.twitter.com to see how.)
2. Tweet at least once during the party using the hashtags #TMOM #DoubleTake.
1. Help us spread the word about #TMOM Monday by tweeting:
Share ur funny stories of family vacations gone awry on #TMOM 12/5 and enter to win an iPad2: http://bit.ly/tFvKgf #DoubleTake
Then leave the link to the tweet here. (To get a link to your tweet, simply click on the time and date stamp below your tweet. It will take you to the page and give you the link. Highlight, copy and paste the URL below in the comments section.) Remember, you only get credit for this entry if you leave the link to your tweet in the comment section below. One comment=one entry.
2. Comment on any not-so-great vacation story on TravelingMom.com and leave a note here telling us which one you liked (5 max).
Our FAB Twitter Blogger Panelists share their not-so-great vacation stories – take a look!
- Lorraine of @AskWifey – Vacation, Please
- CanCan of @mommosttraveled – My Not So Perfect Vacation #TMOM #DoubleTake
- Chris of @birdbanter – Favorite Family Travel Moments Gone Wrong
- Kim-Marie of @LuxuryTravelMom – Best Visa Card for Frequent Travelers
- Barb of @Chaotic_Barb – What’s Your Vacation Horror Story?
- Melissa of @TimeOutMom – Twitter Party: Not So Great Family Vacations & How To Make Them Better
3. Tell us which TravelingMom Blogger inspires you to travel more and why, in the comments below.
4. Use the Capital One Venture Rewards calculator and tell us how many miles you could earn this year.
5. Sign up for the TravelingMom newsletter to ensure you always know what’s hot on TMOM (including the $10,000 ski.com family vacation giveaway), then come back here and tell us you did. Are you already a subscriber? You can get a point for that, too, by forwarding the newsletter to a friend. Just leave a comment below telling us who you forwarded it to (first name only is fine). You can get one entry for each forward.
6. Enter the Holiday Travel #DoubleTake Giveaway from Venture on #TMOM, then come back here and tell us you did.
We love travel contests and if you do too, like TravelingMom on Facebook so you’ll always know what’s new on TravelingMom.com. We have more great contests coming up soon. You won’t want to miss any of it.
Prizes and details subject to change and subject to availability. All winners will be chosen using random.org. Restrictions may apply. You will have 48 hours to respond and claim your prize. Winners please DM your address to @TravelingMoms and allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
Please! Read all the legal fine print here.
* Holiday Travel Double Take Giveaway from Venture prize limited to $5,000