With today’s megapixel digital cameras, you can get wonderful photos, but they are often HUGE files. In order to be used on TravelingMom.com, we ask that images be no larger than 400×300, and that the lead photo (at the beginning of the article) be oriented landscape (wide) rather than portrait (tall). To resize your photos, you can use a nifty online service.
To resize your images it is as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5! They even have a little video clip to help you.
- Browse your computer and select your image/photo to resize.
- Click the radio button for Custom and set the size to 400px
- Optionally, add an effect to your image (not needed for our purposes)
- Select output image/picture quality Lower quality means a smaller file (choose Good)
- Click “Resize” and wait for the processed images to be displayed. When you see the smaller image, just right click on it and save it to your computer where you can find it again to use it with your article. Choose a name that’s different from the file you uploaded so you can keep your larger photo and not overwrite it.