This is the month we all make New Year resolutions. We resolve to eat better, exercise more, and generally be a better person for the year to come. Those are certainly worthy goals, but how often have we made those promises to ourselves, only to fall off the wagon before the teams take the field for the Super Bowl? Here’s a new year resolution idea that is easy to keep: resolve to travel more.
New Year Resolution Ideas
What are your travel resolutions for the new year? And, more importantly, what are you doing to make sure this is the year you actually keep those resolutions?
I propose we all make a resolution this year that is easier to keep: Let’s resolve to travel more. We know it’s good for us, and for our kids. We know it will bring us closer as a family. So why wouldn’t we resolve to travel more in the new year?
How to Make Travel Resolutions a Reality
There are lots of reasons not to travel:
1. We can’t get the time off of work.
2. Our kids are in school.
3. We can’t afford it.
4. We don’t know where to go.
Answering the Travel Resolutions Challenges
1. Let’s travel on our days off.
2. Take them out of school. Chances are they will learn more out of the classroom than they do in the classroom. (A Family Travel Talk Forum on that subject drew a lot of conversation.)
3. Do the free stuff. There’s plenty of free things to do anywhere you travel, from public parks and beaches to free museums. Taking advantage of the free stuff is the easiest way to hold down the cost of a family vacation.
4. Open a map, close your eyes and point. Then resolve to go there in the spirit of exploration and adventure.
TravelingMoms’ Travel New Year Resolution Ideas