Does the idea of traveling with teens create fear in you? Expecting a sullen teen who doesn’t want to take part in any activity? It doesn’t have to be that way. In fact you can have an outstanding family vacation with your teen.
Follow these tips for traveling with teens to make the experience entertaining for all:
- Allow your teen to take part in planning your trip. This gives them a feeling of ownership of the vacation and the ability to choose activities that interest them.
- Some of the best places to travel with teens are all-inclusive resorts and cruises that offer a lot of activities for their age group.
- Let your teen bring a friend along. A buddy to hang out with and talk to can put a stop to complaints.
- Consider the sleep habits of your teen. Their body clock may be wired to sleep late in the morning and stay up late at night. Plan your activates around their sleep pattern, or plan relaxing activities such as hanging out by the pool or beach.
- Give your teen and friend permission to go out on their own. Be sure to check on safety of the area, or give parameters such as using the resort transportation. Set up times when they have to check in with you.
- Bring along your teenager’s favorite music, video games, etc. The whole family will cope with downtime a lot better.
Have you had a memorable and enjoyable vacation with your teen? Do you remember a trip with your family as a teen?
Image Source – http://www.sxc.hu/photo/628422