The CDC recommends common actions to stay healthy and avoid the flu:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after use.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Influenza is spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- If you get sick, CDC recommends you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
Map of documented Swine Flu cases