As travelers, what we love most about the journey is experiencing the destinations. We literally dive into the moment and place to discover everything we can about what makes it so special. That leaves little time for a workout. Whether you’re a fitness junkie or have resolved to be healthier when traveling in the New Year, 2015 has gifted us with 10 new fitness apps to make it easier to stay in shape while traveling.
10 Fitness Aps to Download When Traveling
Confession time. As a busy working and Traveling Grandmom, I barely have time to breathe, much less put a workout into my schedule. Yet it’s important, at any age, to be healthy and stay healthy. With the holiday season is officially here, you are probably either spending hours on the road or hours in the airport waiting for a flight to visit that family you see once a year. Since not all of our travel adventures include travel exercise, such as exploring the outdoors, going to the gym when traveling often takes a backseat. These 10 Fitness apps allow us to download our work out and stay in shape while traveling.
Here are the top 10 fitness apps to keep you on track during this holiday season:
- CycleCast – The first app to bring streaming spin classes to the digital space, with workouts from qualified instructors. All you need is a stationary bike and a WiFi connection. CycleCast is free to download. After the 30 day trial period, CycleCast is $9.99 per month. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Nike Training Club– Once you pick the area of the body you want to focus on and set how much time you have, the app will select a training plan perfect for you. The Nike Training Club is free on iOS 7.1 or later on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch & is also compatible with Android.
- 7 Minute Workout Challenge– This mini-workout app will cue you to get into position and have you doing everything from high-intensity jumping jacks to push-ups and even core-blasting planks. The 7 Minute Fitness Challenge is available for iPhone and iPod touch in the app store. It costs $3.49 to download.
- Hot5 – Exercises taught by real trainers where you can specialize the type of routine you want to have, from fitness basics to Crossfit and Pilates. Hot5 is free to download in the app store and is compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPads.
- Fitnet– Find the perfect trainer and workout style that meets your schedule. Fitnet is free to download in the app store for both Android and iphone, ipad and ipods.
- DailyBurn – This app is filled with hundreds of workout videos for you to do whenever, wherever. The Dailyburn is compatible with ipad, iphone, ipod, androids, apple tv, xbox, samasung smart tv, chromecast, and PS3 systems. It is $12.95 per month.
- Yoga Studio– You can pick and download a class, or create and save a class that you design by picking individual poses to string together. Yoga Studio is available in the app store and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and the Apple TV. This costs $3.99 to download.
- Perfect Pilates Body– Provides you with various easy-to-follow workouts to strengthen your body. Perfect Pilates is free to download and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Sworkit– Designed with busy people in mind with high-intensity bodyweight workouts that you can make as short as five minutes and as long as an hour. Sworkit is available for free in the app store and is compatible on iPhone, iPad and Androids.
- Strong Lifts 5×5– The app prompts you to complete three lifting exercises with five sets of five reps and suggests following the workout three times a week. Strong Lifts 5×5 is free to download in the app store and is available for iPhone, iPod and Android devices.
So if you’re traveling this year just remember… no gym, no inconvenient class schedules, no expensive fees…no problem! Look and feel your best when traveling by downloading these 10 fitness apps.
Do you have a favorite fitness app? We’d love to hear from you with your suggestions!