I know lots of people put on hold their trips when they have a baby. But it doesn’t have to be like that! Yes it is challenging, but all you have to do is to be properly prepared.
Now that I had my second son I have a lot more experience of how to travel with kids but I like to keep a list of the essentials I can’t leave home without. The reason for this list is that no matter how focused you are, when you are packing things happen that distract you and you might end up forgetting something.
So these are the 17 Essentials I needed to pack up in the baby’s bag to have a smooth and fun trip:
- 6 diapers
- 3 portions of formula
- 4 Cleaning cloths and bibs
- 2 water bottles
- 1 full baby bottle, 1 empty
- Sippy cup with water or juice
- Baby wipes
- Change of clothing
- Sun screen
- Baby Tylenol
- Saline solution for nose drops
- Crackers or baby cookies
- Fruit and other snacks
- Book for babies to look at
- Toys to keep him busy – this is where I like to get creative. I like to but a bunch of small cheap and wrap them as toys. That way my baby is busy for a longer time but most importantly happy.
I hope this quick tip is useful for your next family trips. If you know of more, I’d love to hear them and add them to the list! Marina K. Villatoro is an expat living in Central America for over 10 years. She travels with her family in Central America. Connect with her on twitter and facebook.