If you are looking for a trolley tour you won’t have trouble finding one in Savannah, Georgia. They are everywhere. I was able to find at least five different companies. Plus they all offer the 15 stops, hop on and off all day long service.
So how does one pick the right one?
This wasn’t an easy task. They all seemed great but I ended up going for Old Savannah Tours – Trolley Tour.
Why Old Savannah Tours Was For Us
When traveling, I try to look for what the locals have going on in their town. Doing that I learned that the smaller businesses and tours that are locally owned and operated tend to be the best.
That might sound really obvious, because you would always want to go for the locally owned. But there are also so many chains with great reputations lately. Some of them end up running the show.
However, that was not the case in Savannah. Old Savannah Tours offered us exactly what we were looking for.
1. It is locally owned
2. All their guides do most of the research out of all companies in preparation for the tours (this is what the company claims).
3. Because the guides do their own research they tailor the tours to their knowledge. This makes them better because people talk about what they love they tell more in-depth stories.
4. During the many stops along the trolley tour we had visits from different actors dressed as people from various periods and cultures of Savannah.
5. The tour gives you the chance to hop on /hop off. But we stayed on for the entire 90 minutes from start to finish. And, quite frankly, so did the rest of people on the bus. The guide was too entertaining to miss it.
6. If you still wanted to hop off, they have stops at very convenient places, the major sites, and major hotels. So it is easy to get it and use it as a transportation service as well.
7. Southern Hospitality – I just love how friendly people are here. I grew up in New York where you simply doing get this type of friendliness.
Information About Old Savannah Tours
My husband and I took the trolley tour but they have others to choose from. I would have loved to do some of the other, longer tours but we didn’t have the time. If I’d known how amazing Savannah is I would have planned to stay more time exploring it. Next Time!
Address: 250 MLK Jr. Blvd. Savannah, GA 31401
Historic overview Tour Price:
Historic overview tour hours: 7 days a week 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Length: 90 minutes
It is fully narrated sightseeing tour of one of the largest National Urban Historic Landmarked Districts in the United States.
Other tours & their prices
Historic On/Off – This is the extended version of our Overview Tour. You will be able to explore the Historic District on your own by taking their 15 trolley stops throughout the day.
– Adult $27.00
– Child $12.00
Savannah Experience – This is a non-stop excursion that tours all the familiar sites and haunts of the Historic District as well as the other “forgotten” neighborhoods as well.
– Adult $28.00
– Child $14.00
Ghost Tours – A 2+ hour journey into the dark side of America’s “Most Haunted City.”
– Adult $32.00
– Child $20.00
– Adult with dinner $47.00
– Child with dinner $30.00
Land and Sea Tours – Board the paddle boat Savannah River Queen for a cruise down the picturesque waterway.
– Adult $38.00
– Child $43.00