holdingmoneyArgentina recently  joined Chile in charging a hefty $131 entry tax to U.S. citizens upon arrival. Called a “reciprocal” tax since we charge them the same amount to come to the U.S., the tax is and payable by credit card – whew – and good for 10 years,  still a shocker if you didn’t check with your airline or a consulate beforehand.

The best place to go for entry tax info is the country’s embassy or consulate web page – not always easy to find online. 

B.V. Wolfe travels with her 3 kids often and she publishes TripNewsWire, where you will find all the international news and information you need to travel easier.