Getting sick on vacation stinks. There is nothing good about it. There are lots of ways to best prepare for a vacation. One of most important steps is to pack the right medical items.
- Ibuprofen – We buy the enormous value pack, but I only bring about a dozen or two for me & my spouse, plus the children’s version!
- Antibacterial Ointment – A dab or two on a small would can do wonders!
- Allergy medicine – You never know who will touch what or swallow what! Plus, many moms love its effect to get restless kids to sleep on planes!
- Band-aids – Cuts, blisters and more need band-aids!
- Antibacterial Gel – It doesn’t cure a cold but can sure help you not get one!
- Thermometer – Can’t always rely on the back of your hand or a kiss on the forehead. Stash one of these in your bag!
- Plastic Bags – Fill them with ice or warm water to give your body the compress it needs. (I recommend double bagging – you don’t want a wet mess!)
Your body doesn’t care that you are on vacation when it hits you with the flu, allergies, a nasty cold, strep throat or ear infection. The dreadful occurance of a kid getting sick is even worse. Be sure to read our tips on dealing with a sick toddler on vacation! Bon voyage on your next trip and be sure to be prepared!