Citi Pond at Bryant Park in New York City will host a free Kids Food Festival on Saturday, Jan. 21 and Sunday, Jan. 22. The event was created to help in the fight against childhood obesity through fun and flavorful educational activities that focus on balanced food choices.
Kids Food Festival Activities include:
- Over 30 kiosks – Offering free samples, food for sale or other activities from brands such as Organic Valley offer hot chocolate from backpack dispensers
- The Balanced Plate Scavenger Hunt – Allowing kids to visit several kiosks to learn about balanced food choices and receive goodie bags upon completion
- Cooking Demos and Hands-On Programming with Celebrity Chefs – Ellie Krieger, David Burke, Jim Lahey, Grayson Schmitz, “iCarly’s” Reed Alexander and more! Each demo is $25 per child
- Live Music – Performances by Kimmy Schwimmy and Joanie Leeds, both singers, songwriters and entertainers for kids. Tickets cost $25 per adult, free for children
- Free-admission ice skating at Citi Pond at Bryant Park
The event is open to the public and held from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Jan. 21 and 22. In addition, a percentage of proceeds from the Kids Food Festival will benefit Share Our Strength, the national nonprofit committed to ending childhood hunger in America. Visit the Kids Food Festival website to purchase tickets or to view the complete listing of events.