Next month we are headed to Space Center Houston and I decided to do a bit of research and see what kind of experiences Space Center Houston had in store for us. After talking with Meridyth Moore PR Specialist with Space Center Houston, she sent over a list of the top 5 experiences at Space Center Houston. When we head out next month I am hoping that we get to experience all 5 on the list and many more. Be looking out for a follow up blog post about our experience at Space Center Houston.
Top Experiences at Space Center Houston
5. All-New Astronaut Audio Tour – Hear first-hand stories from space pioneers with beautiful photos and exciting videos that tell the rich history and sparkling future of human space exploration. There’s even a new children’s audio tour featuring a quiz game with colorful illustrations to help youngsters learn about the museum’s cosmic collection. Don’t miss the interactive games and the wealth of information that tell the evolution of human space exploration.
Join our NEW Facebook Community: Making Travel Easier. We promise to always tell you what we would tell our best friend -- what works for kids, what doesn’t and what you need to know before you go to have the Best. Family. Vacation. Ever. Our group of travel experts are ready to answer your travel questions!
4. Meet an Astronaut – Ever wonder what it takes to become an astronaut? Every Friday you can meet an astronaut and hear fascinating stories about their space adventures. The 30-minute presentations are held at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and are included with a full-price admission.
3. Space Center University– Students from all over the world can engineer a robotic rover and launch a rocket in this hands-on program. Space Center UTM is a week-long immersive learning experience that teaches students about space exploration, including traveling to and sustaining life upon a distant planet. Only at Space Center UTM can students train like astronauts underwater and visit NASA’s mission control. Space Center UTM is a weeklong program offered year-round to students ages 13 and older.
2. MythBusters: The Explosive Exhibition – Uncover the truth behind popular myths by mixing scientific method with gleeful curiosity and old-fashioned ingenuity in Space Center Houston’s new summer exhibit, presented by Coca-Cola May 28-Sept. 5. Guests discover whether they get more wet running versus walking in the rain and find out if toast really does always land buttered-side down. Investigate the myth, conduct an experiment and see many artifacts from the popular TV show.
1. Independence Plaza presented by Boeing: The new one-of-a-kind exhibit gives visitors a rare glimpse into the historic shuttle era and its impact on future exploration. Visitors will enter the full shuttle replica mounted on top of the original shuttle carrier aircraft, a modified Boeing 747. Inside the colossal exhibit, see astronaut living quarters, enter the flight deck of the shuttle and see NASA artifacts. Retrace the steps of astronauts inside the historic White Room or Orbital Access Arm that was used on the launch pad during the Apollo era.SOURCE: Manned Space Flight Education Foundation
Where are you traveling to this summer?