Planning a Walt Disney World vacation can be daunting, but I’ve found a few sites that help make it easier. Remember that information is power. Knowing your destination (whether it’s Disney World or Branson) helps you plan your day so your don’t waste time making mistakes.
Here are just a few of the sites I love to check out when we’re planning our next Walt Disney World vacation.
- Disney Moms Panel: Disney knows you have questions so they’ve put together a panel of the most knowledgeable moms they could find to answer those questions. After all, who knows more about traveling to Walt Disney World than another mom? Our own Jodi Grundig is currently on the Disney Moms Panel!
- DIS Boards: This is an e-mail forum where you can find tons of info. It’s a great way to stay up-to-the-minute on what’s going on in the parks and what’s working for others. It’s also a place to find out if there are any room codes (discounts) being offered that can save you money. Many people actually post from DW while they’re on vacation! I would never have time for that!
- Mousesavers.com: Lots of write-ups about trips and even more information on how to get things cheap! She also has a monthly e-mail newsletter you’ll find handy. She also posts whether there are any room codes (discounts) being offered.
- Planning Strategy Calculator for Disney Reservations: This site will basically let you mark which restaurants/shows you want and then will help you figure out when you need to book them. Remember, you want to book your dining asap—which is 90 days from your arrival date. You usually can’t book anything until exactly 90 days out.
- The Mouse for Less: Just what it says. I haven’t used this site as much. They have some good educational downloads for Epcot. And YES, EPCOT is FUN!
- Disney Height Requirements: This is a handy guide that lists height requirements for specific rides so there is no disappointment after waiting in line. If your child isn’t tall enough he/she will not be permitted to ride.
- What to Say to the Characters: Cute thread on what some people have said to characters and those characters’ reactions.