Do you ever want to test out a ride before your kids to make sure it’s a good fit for them? Or, if you’re like me, they should be testing out the ride to make sure YOU can handle it. My kids are 11 and 9; and are definitely getting more daring than me, but we all were excited to try the newly redesigned Test Track Presented by Chevrolet at Epcot in Walt Disney World Resort.
Normally, if I’m on a track it’s for a run, but I love the thrill of a good, fast ride, too. I’d been on the original version of Test Track and learned about the new one that opened in December 2012 from the folks at Chevy during our Traveling Mom retreat. Some of my TMOM pals and I got to try it out before I took my kids on it – and it was a big thumbs up for all of us.
You can test drive the ride portion of Disney’s Test Track Presented by Chevrolet with this video I shot capturing the fun from start to finish.
- It’s in Epcot at Future World
- You must be 40in (102cm) or taller to ride
- Kids under 7 must be with someone over age 14
- Age interests includes kids, tweens, teens, adults. My kids liked it as much as I did.
- It’s a FASTPASS ride
- It’s a fast, thrill ride, with some sharp turns and small drops
- Ride premise – you’re “testing” a car that you get to design at the Chevrolet Design Center for capability, responsiveness, efficiency and power
- The ride starts off inside, in the dark; then takes you outside for a whirl around the track and speeds up to 65 miles per hour
- It’s a 6-passenger car (two rows of three)
- Wheelchair transfer is available
- Not advised for people with back or neck problems, pregnant women, and people who have problems with motion sickness. My husband gets vertigo so he didn’t do it.
- Even with the FASTPASS it takes some time to get to the ride, but you build your own “SIM” car that you’re “testing” on the track so it’s fun. Get your FASTPASS early because they go – FAST!
- While the ride is about 5 minutes long plan at least 20-30 minutes for the entire attraction. The interactive experiences after the ride give you more opportunities to use your “SIM” car to create commercials, to drive it on a small virtual track and more. My kids LOVED this – and the entire ride.For more information, visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/test-track/Until next time, I’m off and running ..