I recommend staying at Disney for six days and getting the four-day park hoppers for $169 and then upgrading by adding on the water parks and more option for just a few dollars more. This way, you will have one full day for each of the main parks and then one full day at each water park.
When determining where to stay, it is best to call Disney World directly and speak with them about the military discount because the rates vary greatly from one resort to another. There is also a military resort on Disney property, Shades of Green. This resort is just for military, and rates are based on rank for the most part, unless they are running a special. Shades of Green has several restaurants and a gift shop.
Magnolia Spa is located inside the Shades of Green resort and is also available just to military. Their treatments cost substantially less than other spas at Disney World.
Cirque du Soleil’s La Nouba in Downtown Disney offers a military discount on shows, but the tickets have to be bought in person at the box office. This makes it hard to officially plan in advance to see the show.
Characters in Flight the hot air balloon in downtown Disney now offers a military discount as well: $2 off kids admission and $3 off adults admission.
Many of the restaurants in Downtown Disney offer a military discount as well, so be sure to always ask!
- House of Blues offers 25% off of food and 15% off of merchandise.
- Planet Hollywood offers 10% off food and merchandise.
- Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate shop offers 20% off.
- Wolfgang Puck Express offers 10% off and the regular Wolfgang Puck offers 20% off
- Ragland Road offers 20% off.
- Cooks of Dublin offers 20% off.
- Paradiso 37 offers 20% off.
- Earl of Sandwich offers 10% off.