What are the absolute MUST SEE and MUST DO things in the parks? This will really depend on what your family likes to do. Are you thrill seekers or would rather watch a show? Are you more interested in interacting with characters or is it OK if you don’t get that special autograph?
My daughter and I are definitely thrill seekers. Our Must Do items are Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain (in Magic Kingdom) and Rockin’ Roller Coaster (in Disney Hollywood Studios). My husband and son are big on video games so they love to do Buzz Lightyear (in Magic Kingdom) and the new Toy Story ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
I polled my family and here are the things we consider Must-Do Attractions at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Space Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear/Toy Story
- Spectromagic Parade: This is a night-time parade. You’ll need to check the official Walt Disney World calendar to see if it will show while you’re there. Everything–the props, the characters–are covered in tiny white lights. It’s quite a spectacle!
- Fireworks. We’ve actually left other parks to come see the Magic Kingdom fireworks. They are spectacular. You can see them very well if you stand between Mickey’s PhilharMagic and the Carousel. Of course, they are also great if you can find a spot in front of Cinderella’s Castle.
- The Classic Rides: Tea Cups, Peter Pan, and Small World
- Crystal Palace is a sit-down restaurant that has a great breakfast buffet and offers an opportunity to meet the Pooh gang. Though my kids have outgrown Pooh and friends, they always ask for this breakfast. If you can make your ADRs (Disney-speak for “reservations”) for before the park opens, you can have some great photo ops of the castle without the crowds.
What are your families must-do items for Magic Kingdom?