Traveling isn’t about bringing back souvenirs but most people feel obligated to do so. However there are some people who would much rather you save your money and spare them the junk – I happen to be one of those people. Here are 10 worst travel souvenirs that I DO NOT want!
Who likes souvenirs? If you’ve got a shelf full of porcelain cats or beanie babies, you may want to skip this article. I’m not one for clutter or items I’ll never use. I spring clean my house every, Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall.
Souvenirs to me come into the category of “junk” (most of the time). I’m sorry for those of you who just love them and can’t wait to share them or receive one, but that’s not me. If you take a trip to Africa, I really don’t want a woodcarving that I know nothing about and that completely mis-matches my decor.
I love to travel and love to see others travel, but I don’t feel that it’s about coming back with a bag full of items you’ll never use or your friends will toss out or stash in the garage. It’s about enjoying the sites, people and getting to adventure away from home. So with that said, I recommend you save the money on souvenirs and make yourself a photo book of your travels to savor the memories. If you just can’t live without a souvenir, read about the ONE and only souvenir I will buy on my travels.
Here are the Top 10 Worst Travel Souvenirs I Have Received.
1. The XL lobster T-shirt I was given from Maine (I wear a Size Small).
2. Mugs – I only have so much cabinet space and when someone asks me “How was New York”, I can honestly say “I never been, but who ever got that mug has”
3. A Kimono from Tokyo – I’m sorry but on what Seattle street would I wear a Kimono?
4. Kangaroo “nuts” on a chain from Australia
5. A beer bottle opener from Mexico that “burps”
6. Bear, deer or any kind of animal “poo” labeled and placed into a fancy baggy
7. Bobble-head figurines
8. Key-chains, of any sort
9. Postcards – Ever heard of this new invention called E-mail?
10. A Jar of volcanic ash from Iceland
Can you relate t o my hate of souvenirs? Whats the worst souvenir you’ve been given?