It’s gift giving time. Here’s a roundup of gifts and gadgets for your loved ones and friends who make travel a priority. Or go ahead and treat yourself. No one will know.
- Trunki – Children can ride these durable suitcases. Entertain your children during layovers or flight delays with Trunki – Trixie Pink.
- SeatPets attach to your child’s seatbelt. Keeps you child comfortable and provides storage space for toys and snacks. Amanda, our Traveling Mom of Toddlers liked that with SeatPets, she didn’t have to turn around to hand out goodies to her children in the back seat.
- CARES Safety Harness – FAA approved seat belt for children who weigh between 22 and 44 pounds and for special needs flyers taller than 56 inches.
Electronics and Gadgets
- Sony Cybershot TX20 – Waterproof, rugged camera with natural flash and motion detection. Take on your trip to the beach or the desert. After all it’s dustproof. Get a free case and 16GB memory card ($50 value) thru Nov. 26.
- Belkin Mini Surge Protector Dual USB Charger – We travel with lots of technology and need places to plug in. This Belkin item does the trick whether traveling for conferences or for pleasure.
- Sony Portable Blu-Ray Disc Player – A boredom buster for road trips and events (use headphones) for children and adults.
- Noise Cancellling Headphones – For those who fly often, this gift will be most welcome. They allow for sleep and prevent talkative seatmates to start conversations.
- Audiobooks for Your Kids – A library of books based on a theme that will keep children and parents happy on short or long trips.
- FamilyTrips Travel Apps – This app Includes maps, lists of activities organized by ages, and allows you to create your own schedule. Available for Washington, D.C. , Boston and NYC with more coming soon.
- AroundMe – Learn where all types of businesses are during your road trip
- GoToob – Instead of hard plastic travel bottles, GoToob is the soft squeezable kind. Approved to carryon and easy to clean. Barb, Wheeling TravelMom uses her food grade tube for coffee cream.
- Maxlite 22” Expandable Rollaboard Luggage – Made by Travelpro, gift someone special with this roomy, top of the line suitcase.
- Cushe Footwear – Know someone who walks miles while traveling? Cushe has a travel section for comfortable shoes and boots that meet the needs of the terrain you’re visiting.
What are some of your favorite travel gifts that you have received or given?
Connie Roberts is a professional blogger who makes it her mission to advocate for people with medical issues. Travel with a disability is not a struggle, but an opportunity to see the world and let others see that it’s possible and a lot of fun. Tweet with her @ConnieFoggles.