After a lot of begging from my eleven year old boy I finally agreed and started to plan our next family adventure – camping. For this activity, I knew Vermont would be a great option. But then the issue was, what about equipment? So I went to one of my favorite companies from the days when I was a camper in search of the perfect tent for my family. Luckily they had just what I we needed.
Besides not being a huge fan of camping, another of the main reasons why I kept putting it off, despite of all of my boy’s requests, was not having a tent. If we were going to camp, I wanted the best of the best.
Since I am no professional it was quite a challenge to figure out which one would be large enough, durable enough, comfortable and affordable.
I have bought Coleman products before, for other outdoor activities. I decided to check out their tents. Other products have lasted years and years so they should be good, right? It became my go-to company when I finally said yes to taking my boys camping.
Choosing the Best Family Camping Tents
You might be surprised to learn that it has been over 20 years since I last went camping. This also means that I haven’t done any research on tents for that amount of time.
When I started my research, I could not believe how much the camping and tent market has grown and improved. Just looking at the amount of options from Coleman, I started to get really excited about our upcoming camping trip.
Now the hard part was: which tent to get?
Because I already knew about the quality of the brand, it came down to our needs. After a lot of discussion with my husband, we ended up deciding to get the Steel Creek 6 Person Fast Pitch Dome Tent with a Screen Porch.
Why This One?
1. Six person capacity – During our camping adventure in Vermont, my brother was also going to join us. A tent this size would allow us to be comfortable.
2. Screen porch – My husband and son have done some camping together, but so far they have had to rent tents. This gave my husband a bit more experience and he told me it was extremely important to have a porch to avoid having all the dirt carried in from the outside by the kids to where we sleep.
3. Fast Pitch – In all honesty, this wasn’t a characteristic I was looking for at first but when I heard about it I immediately got interested. From my days of camping I can remember how long and tedious the building of the tent took.
4. Durability and waterproof – I think this is kind of a given with all Coleman tents, but it was good to see it in print and reinforced.
How Quick and Easy It is to Put Up a Fast Pitch Tent – Video[youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0uCPWimuO4″]
I must mention how grateful I am to have finally accepted to go camping with my family. I forgot how much it bonds families.
More Features of Our Tent
- Screen room with full floor for bug-free lounging and added sleeping space on warm, dry nights
- Up to 50% faster setup and 75% more water-resistant than a comparable standard Coleman® tent with conventional setup
- Fast Pitch™ system with pre-attached, color-coded poles and hub, fast fit feet, and snag-free Insta-Clip™ suspension
- Illumiline™ reflective guy lines for greater visibility at night
- WeatherTec™ system – patented welded floors and inverted seams help keep water out
- Window awnings let you keep the windows open, even in the rain
- E-Port makes it easy to bring electrical power inside your tent
- Storage pockets to keep your gear organized
- Durable, Polyguard™ fabric is made to last season after season
- Included rainfly for extra weather protection
- Carry bag with rip strip makes packing up a cinch
- Easy setup in about 7 minutes
- Spacious interior has room for 2 queen airbeds
- 10 x 9 ft. with 10 x 5 ft. screen room
- 5 ft. 8 in. center height
- 1-year limited warranty