Do you have a problem finding old family vacation photos or worse, losing photos to outdated devices and disorganization? The new Bevy photo storage system may be just what you need to organize, store and access all of your family photos in a quick and easy way.
Let’s face it, moms tend to be the keeper of photos. We put them in albums, hang them on the wall, lovingly (or begrudgingly) create scrapbooks and we store them in safe places. Yet, try as we will, photos still get lost. After having an old laptop that stored many of my family’s photos die, I was determined to find a better solution for our thousands of family travel photos.
Then I learned about Bevy. The Bevy photo storage system is a new way to keep all of your family photos in one safe place. While I was not enthusiastic about having another digital device in my home, the Bevy soon changed my mind.
What Works for Families
With this system you can store photos on the Bevy storage device and access them on your smart devices with the free Bevy mobile app. What makes this system particularly luxurious is that you can save photos from any device or operating system. Unlike many cloud or other services, it makes no difference whether the photos are on an Android smartphone, Apple laptop computer or a digital camera, you can still store them all on the Bevy.
The standard Bevy has an Intel 2.16GHz dual-core Celeron processor with 2GB RAM and a 1TB hard drive, which in English means that you can store up to 400,000 photos (and up to 1 million with the 2TB version) and access them from the Bevy app.
It also means that you never have to get that annoying “not enough available storage” message on your smartphone. And that one good photo of yourself that you’ve been keeping on your phone just in case you need it, can now be accessed in the Bevy app and is always at your fingertips without clogging up your phone.
This feature is particularly useful for moms who use photos for work and need access to a lot of photos at once without the burden of carrying a laptop around. You can also easily share photos through social media (except Instagram—where you need to save the photo from the Bevy app onto your device).
Another feature on the Bevy app is family sharing. You can look at all of your family’s photos that are on their devices so you can see those photos that your daughter took on her class trip as soon as she walks in the door when they are automatically downloaded. No chasing her down to manually copy them over from her device.
Also, no more texting your spouse while he is at work to bug him about sending that great photo he took during your vacation two years ago!
Family Photo Night!
One of Bevy’s unique features is the ability to view your travel photos with people on your TV in an interactive way. First, you connect the Bevy to your TV with an HDMI cable. Then friends and family members, who have the Bevy app installed on their mobile device and are connected to your home’s Wi-Fi network, can contribute to your slide show. You can transfer a local photo wirelessly to the TV by swiping the touch screen toward the device to make photos appear on the TV screen instantly. If someone else takes out their phone and swipes a photo then their pic will replace the previous picture. This may sound ho-hum on paper but it can turn into a fun game of photo war or a modern day digital show and tell with multigenerational family members.
How the Bevy Storage System Works:
- Download the free Bevy app from the app store onto your phone and/or laptop
- Install the Bevy box as per instructions and connect to your TV with a HDMI cable
- Make sure to set the app for Out-of-Home Access so that you can access your photos while not at home
- Upload photos by following the instructions in the app or from the Bevy website
- Set it so that it automatically uploads copies of all your new photos from your devices when you walk in your home
- Photos are auto-organized by date and user
- It is simple to create albums and tag individual favorites
- Don’t worry, you can control what photos on your phone get uploaded
- Set your children’s phones to download automatically and then don’t tell them!
- It works with devices that run iOS 8 or later and Android 4.3 or later.
- For PCs, it supports Windows 7 or later, or Mac OS X 10.9.5 or later
- Device is a small box that weighs only about 1.5 pounds
- Cost is about $299 for the 1TB Version
- The Bevy now allows you to store and share videos!