When you hear the words “airport hotel”, what do you usually think of? Loud planes flying overhead, drab, early morning shuttles with other businessmen and women, and a place to just rest your head to catch that early morning flight? I get it. An airport hotel, like a hospital, is almost no place nobody stays because they want to. They just seem “necessary” to the exhausted travelers as a stopover spot to shower, rest, and recuperate after a day spent in meetings.
Yet, when I was a guest at the Hyatt Regency at Orlando International Airport a little over a month ago … I quickly realized that this hotel was going to be SO much more than that. It turned out to be a place that could function as an actual destination. A place where I would stay again – for more than just one night – with my family in tow. A place that I would not only highly recommend to my fellow business travelers traveling to Orlando, but also to parents and families.
Join our NEW Facebook Community: Making Travel Easier. We promise to always tell you what we would tell our best friend -- what works for kids, what doesn’t and what you need to know before you go to have the Best. Family. Vacation. Ever. Our group of travel experts are ready to answer your travel questions!
Traveling isn’t easy anymore. So when a company goes above and beyond to make our lives easier … it deserves a pat on the back and a high five. Let’s face it, those extremely early morning flights home always seem like a good idea at booking – but once it’s actually a reality, you are calling yourself an idiot and trying hard not to smack yourself in the forehead.
As a guest at the Orlando Florida luxury hotel, you’ll enjoy extraordinary services such as baggage retrieval and delivery services (fee) to airline check in counters, airline baggage claim carousels, car rental counters, and even to your vehicle parked in the airport garages. And soooo much more!
Here are 9 reasons why the Hyatt Regency at Orlando International has completely changed my view on airport hotels and why I think this one is TOP-NOTCH in my book:
- It’s the only AAA 4-diamond hotel in the airport corridor
- There are TONS of shopping in the airport prior to security including stores by Disney, Universal, Sea World, and the Kennedy Space Center
- They have not one but TWO award winning restaurants in the hotel including the newly renovated McCoy’s Bar and Grill
- Kids of all ages thoroughly enjoy watching the planes take off and land from the premium view rooms and/or outdoor heated pool
- The Forward thinking For Kids By Kids menu in all restaurants and by room service features all natural, all organic product to kids to help make healthier food choices
- The beautiful Hemisphere Restaurant that serves a lavish Breakfast Buffet with incredible runway views which transforms to a fine dining steak and seafood restaurant with an award winning wine list for mom and dad in the evening
- It’s the closest upscale hotel to Port Canaveral (40 minutes)
- A quick elevator rides that takes you directly down to the security gates
And the number one reason why I’m sold on this luxurious hotel…
- It has an unbeatable location inside the main terminal of MCO. Perfect for the pre-and/or post-nights for families with early flights, cruises, Disney Parks, etc.
What about the rooms, you ask? Oh… you mean the soundproof, spacious, luxurious, and beautiful guestrooms Luxury Travel Mom would approve of? Or rooms like Respire by Hyatt – HypoAllergenic Rooms designed to provide a comfortable sleeping environment for all guests, especially allergy sufferers. You can’t see me … but I’m raising my hand. Who ISN”T an allergy sufferer these days?! Bless you!
But you want to know the best part of my stay (besides the plush oversized bed with more pillows than I could build a fort with)? Early in the morning before the roosters began to crow, I checked out, grabbed the elevator, turned my head to the left, and snagged a place in line for security. No cab. No shuttle. No rental car. No uncertainty. That fast. That easy. I will be staying with the Hyatt Regency MCO again. No doubt.
Next time you’re planning an Orlando trip … consider checking it out. You won’t be disappointed.
Do you have any thoughts or opinions on airport hotels? Don’t you wish ALL airport hotels were as grand as the Hyatt Regency at Orlando International? Let me know!
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this article are my own and I was not compensated for this post. However, if you go to Hyatt and book this hotel, Traveling Mom will receive a referral fee.)
Amanda is a freelance writer and blog owner of “The Procrastinating Mommy” – a PR friendly family blog. You can also follow her on Twitter at: @Amanda_aka_Mom or on Facebook at: The Procrastinating Mommy.