Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
You don’t have to wait for summer to have a splashing good time in Michigan! A race down a waterslide, soak in a hot tub or float along a lazy river can all be enjoyed year-round, despite this Midwest states’ wide range of seasons! So pack up your bathing suits and beach towels and plan your next getaway with these best indoor waterparks in Michigan.
A road trip through Michigan is never complete without at least one jump in any of the Great Lakes. Although, during the winter months, unless you’re planning on doing a polar plunge, you’ll want to find another way to enjoy the water in this Great Lake state.
Luckily, Michiganders know how to have a splashing good time during any season of the year! With a nice selection of indoor waterparks in Michigan, you can enjoy 84 degrees of wet and wild fun whenever you choose to plan your next Midwest vacation!
Whether you’re looking for a weekend getaway or just a day pass, these indoor waterparks in Michigan are sure to create lasting memories with a variety of tube slides, dumping buckets, water forts, surf simulators and more.
But which of these action-packed waterparks is right for your family? This guide can help you decide.
1365 S. Main St.
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
If you’re looking for an indoor waterpark that will be fun for kids (and adults) of any age, take a look at Zehnder’s Splash Village in Frankenmuth. Here you’ll find two large water parks combined to create 50,000 square feet of fun!
Spend your day screaming down a six-story family raft ride and super loop body slide or unwind while floating along the lazy river and relaxing in the hot tub. With the large variety of water adventure options, it’ll be easy for an entire day to slip away without realizing it. That’s why my family likes to book a room and make it a weekend of fun.
More reasons why Zehnder’s Splash Village is a must-visit indoor waterpark in Michigan:
- Choose a day pass or book a room.
- The sun feels great indoors year-round with this parks’ retractable roof.
- The outdoor pool is a fab park addition when the weather is nice.
- Cabanas are available for rent and include a mini-refrigerator, safe, house phone, towels, flat-screen TV and food and beverage service.
- When a break is needed, you’ll also find dining options, an arcade and a golf course nearby.
TravelingMom Tip: Water park passes are included with your room when you book a stay at Zehnder’s Splash Village. Choose a waterpark view room for a birds-eye view of the park. For larger families, the Loft Suite accommodates up to 8!
3575 N US Highway 31 S
Traverse City, MI 49684
Great for younger kids, the Great Wolf Lodge Traverse City can feel like an entire vacation rolled into just a day or a weekend getaway. Climb and play on the four-story interactive water fort treehouse with a dumping bucket at the top or soar down the many water slides and tube slides within the water park play area.
Outside the water, the family fun continues with kid-friendly dining options, character appearances and other fun attractions available onsite. You may also choose to book a game of MagiQuest, mini-golf or play in the lodge arcade.
More reasons why Great Wolf Lodge Traverse City is a must-visit indoor waterpark in Michigan:
- Grab a day pass or book a room for an overnight stay (with water park passes included).
- This 37,000 sq ft water park is kept at a warm 84 degrees for year-round fun!
- Plenty of extra fun to have besides the water park, including kid-friendly dining options, an arcade and more.
- Themed rooms and evening group activities make staying overnight a blast!
TravelingMom Tip: If you’re planning to experience additional fun outside of the water park, consider purchasing a Wolf, Paw or Pup Pass which bundles the costs of several lodge activities into one. This can make your getaway feel more like an “all-inclusive” vacation instead of an endless money pit. And check out our complete guide to Great Wolf Lodge for first timers before you go!
Join our Private FB Group for more travel inspiration and tips! JOIN HERE
1 Boyne Mountain Road
Boyne Falls, MI 49713
Located on the campus of Boyne Mountain Resort, Avalanche Bay is Michigan’s largest indoor waterpark. With 88,000 square feet of activities, this water playground can be a great addition to your Michigan vacation year-round. We visit Boyne Mountain each autumn season to watch the colors change on the trees, and of course, spend a day at Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark!
One feature that sets this park apart from the rest is the surf simulator (you can watch a live video here). We also love the 7 waterslides, 4 indoor pools—including a water basketball pool—and the kiddie activity pool with a play structure for smaller guests.
More reasons why Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark is a must-visit indoor waterpark in Michigan:
- There are plenty of options for overnight stays near Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark, including hotel rooms at the Boyne Mountain Resort or a vacation rental on the property.
- Day passes are available.
- There are several dining options available inside the water park, attached hotel or around the resort campus.
- Other activities are available at Boyne Mountain resort including ziplining, skiing, mountain biking and more (all for an additional fee).
TravelingMom Tip: Be sure to pack your water shoes! The wet floors at an indoor waterpark can become very slippery with bare feet. These shoes can help.
1 Covered Bridge Lane
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
Located in “Little Bavaria,” a.k.a Frankenmuth, Michigan, the Bavarian Inn Lodge water park hotel makes for a fun getaway for the whole family. At the indoor waterpark, you’ll find four pools, including a waterfall pool, a kiddie splash zone pool with water geysers, an adults-only pool and plenty of tube slides for added fun.
Beyond the waterpark, your family can register for a pretzel-rolling class, play a round of indoor miniature golf or play in the family fun center—the largest in any Midwest hotel. If you’re looking for day passes, they can be purchased mid-week depending on availability. However, if you plan an overnight stay, waterpark passes are included with your room.
More reasons why Bavarian Inn Lodge is a must-visit indoor waterpark in Michigan:
- Book an overnight stay at the Bavarian Inn Lodge and get waterpark passes for each person registered to your room.
- Add on other activities during your visit such as a family fun center, miniature golf and a bustling downtown Frankenmuth shopping area.
TravelingMom Tip: Plan to visit the nearby Bavarian Inn Restaurant for world-famous, family-style chicken dinners and authentic German dishes after spending the day in the pools. Be sure not to miss out on the buttered noodles and house-made ice cream; they are my family’s favorite!
5665 E. Pickard St.
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858
Located near the Soaring Eagle Casino, the Soaring Eagle Waterpark can easily make for a fun multi-generational getaway. The waterpark includes the Flowrider surf simulator, tube slides, water basketball, lazy river and a 28-person hot tub. Private cabanas with TVs and refreshments can also be rented.
Day passes are limited availability. You can also book a stay at the Waterpark Hotel with (or without) included waterpark passes. Plus, the other Soaring Eagle Properties, including the casino, are just a complimentary shuttle away.
More reasons why Soaring Eagle Waterpark is a must-visit indoor waterpark in Michigan:
- Additional activities, some of which tell the stories of the Saginaw Chippewa Indian tribe, can be enjoyed during your visit (some activities cost extra).
- Snacks, quick dining and restaurant dining are available onsite.
- Complimentary shuttle service is available to all Soaring Eagle Properties, including the casino.
5900 Water Road
Rothbury, MI 49452
Those looking for Western Michigan’s tallest indoor waterslide will find it at the Gold Rush Indoor Waterpark. Located at the Double JJ Resort in Rothbury, this indoor waterpark also offers fun thrill slides, a lazy river, wave pool, water fort, toddler pool, water basketball and hot tubs for relaxing.
For fun beyond the indoor waterpark, an arcade and outdoor waterpark is also available— and don’t forget the resort’s snow tubing, horseback riding and mini-golf too.
More reasons why Gold Rush Indoor Waterpark is a must-visit indoor waterpark in Michigan:
- Kids under 3 and spectators get free waterpark admission.
- There are several options for overnight stays, including rooms or suites, Family Cabins and Log Homes.
TravelingMom Tip: Looking for something lakeside or slopeside instead? Use this guide to help you find the best family resorts in Michigan.
100 Whitetail Dr.
Dundee, MI 48131
This location is currently closed but, according to the park’s Facebook page, it plans to reopen soon. Splash Universe in Dundee is just an hour’s drive from Detroit and Toledo, Ohio.