Nothing screams the holidays are here like an awesome light display. This year Six Flags Over Georgia is debuting its new Holiday in the Park event featuring more than one million lights, live shows, several of the theme park’s most popular rides and of course the big man himself – Santa Claus.
My family and I had blast at the preview event exploring our hometown park all decked out for the holidays. We were wowed by the spectacular light displays, and impressed with the transformation of the park into a magical winter wonderland. My two teens were thrilled to find their favorite rides lit up and running.
Holiday in the Park Highlights and Fun Facts
There are 10 holiday-themed sections including A Main Street Christmas, the North Pole Express magical train ride, Peppermint Plaza, and S’mores Village.
- Retro Christmas USA features a fun 15-foot snow globe walk-through experience perfect for picture taking.
- The event’s signature live show, “Because It’s Christmas,” takes place in the historic Crystal Pistol Music Hall.
- Candlelight Carousel features more than 100,000 lights, artificial snow, more than 150 Christmas trees and more than 250 luminary candles.
- There are 1,200 peaches in A Georgia Christmas.
- The event boasts 400 Christmas trees, 5,400 holiday ornaments, 75 gallons of snow, and 1 million LED lights.
- It’s perfect for multi-generational families. They have a range of rides, shows and of course the light displays that all ages can enjoy. Big rides include Goliath, Dare Devil Dive, and Georgia Cyclone; while Bugs Bunny World has eight rides for the little ones with minimum height requirements starting at 36.”
There’s several “winter” food and drink selections available throughout the park including hot chocolate, hot cider, soups, chili, gumbo, and my family’s favorite of the night – chicken and waffles.
- The event is open from November 22 through January 4, 2015 on select days. Hours vary but are mostly at night so make sure to dress in layers for the cold.
- Tickets are reasonably priced for all the attractions that are open and entertainment included. They start at $41.99.
For more information, visit sixflags.com.
To find other light displays and events happening new you make sure to read, Where to See Holiday Lights Displays in 2014.