The South Carolina City Offers Free Family Fun
Greenville, South Carolina, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains has 6 free attractions that make this city worthy of a visit. And the views are always free. Discover why South Carolina needs to be on your bucket list – for your first visit or your fiftieth.
1. Stroll through Falls Park and stop to pose for a photo on the now iconic Liberty Bridge, the 400 foot suspension bridge that hangs over the waterfalls along the Reedy River. There are also nature trails, a pond, public art and plenty of green space to run around.
2. Then take with a history lesson thanks to Mice on Main. The self-guided tour of nine mice begins in front of the Hyatt Regency* hotel and goes nine blocks on Main Street to the Westin Poinsett hotel. *If you go to Hyatt and book this hotel, Traveling Mom will get a referral fee.
3. Explore The Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum and Baseball Library, located in the house in which Jackson lived and died. The museum displays artifacts, photographs, film, books and other items of interest associated with his life.
4. Hop on the free trolley to ride back towards the east end to catch the live outdoor music of Main Street Fridays, held at The Hyatt every Friday from March through September. This Friday night tradition provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy downtown Greenville.
5. Visit the Saturday Farmer’s Market, which offers products from more than 60 local farms, creameries and more with cooking demonstrations and live music every Saturday morning April through October on Main Street.
6. Visit The Greenville County Art Museum, which houses the largest collection of Andrew Wyeth paintings in the country. Admission is always free.