Here are seven free and family-friendly events in Fargo-Moorhead for 2009.
1. Scandinavian Hjemkomst Festival, June 26-28, 2009. Authentic Scandinavian event featuring dancing, entertainment, booths and food. http://www.scandinavianhjemkomstfestival.org/
2. MSUM July 4th Celebration. July 4, 2009. Ice cream social, rides, parade and a huge fireworks display. http://www.mnstate.edu/july4/indexmain.html
3. Fargo’s Downtown Street Fair, July 16-18, 2009
Blocks of outdoor booths of hand-made arts and crafts, awesome food and great
4. Pioneer Days at Bonanzaville, Aug. 15-16, 2009.
Pioneer Village comes to life with authentic parades, demonstrations, costumes and crafts. 701-282-2822
5. Barnesville Potato Days. Aug. 28-29, 2009. A spud-tacular festival honoring the potato, food, fun and games. http://www.potatodays.com/ (800)525-4901
6. Island Park Craft Show, Aug. 29-30, 2009. Booths of hand-made crafts, food and entertainment. Island Park.701-241-8160
7. Greater Moorhead Days, Sept. 5-13, 2009. Moorhead’s celebration featuring the Power Bowl Parade and football game, medallion hunt, golf scramble, fish fry, safety fair, air fly-in and car show. http://www.exploreminnesota.com/event.aspx?EntityID=21424 218-299-5340