This post may contain affiliate links.
Here are 10 free things to do with your family in Kansas City, Missouri.
1. Hallmark Visitors Center – Catch a behind-the-scenes peek at one of the world’s largest greeting card companies.
2. Harley-Davidson Vehicle and Powertrain Operations – Tour the factory floor to see how motorcycles are made.
3. Kaleidoscope – From the minds behind Hallmark, a free creative workshop for kids aged 5 to 12.
4. Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead – A great place to see and feed an array of barnyard friends and other animals native to the area.
5. Overland ParkArboretum – A 300-acre park dedicated to the preservation of indigenous plants and wildlife.
6. The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art – Visit this general art museums and then have a picnic next to a gigantic Shuttlecock on the museum lawn.
7. Free Friday Night Flicks & Concerts at CrownCenter – Bring your blankets and lawn chairs for free outdoor showings of blockbuster movies and hot concerts. (Flicks: Fridays, July 3-Aug. 14; Concerts: Aug. 21 & 28)
8. Heart of America Shakespeare Festival – For three weeks beginning in June, the festival presents free performances of Shakespeare’s comedy, The Merry Wives of Windsor in Southmoreland Park.
9. First Fridays in the Crossroads Arts District – This 40-gallery art crawl is a local and regional favorite, drawing thousands the First Friday of every month.
10. Lanesfield School Historic Site – Practice your penmanship or cipher math problems on a slate with a costumed schoolteacher in a school built in 1869.