It is almost summer and, for the fifth summer in a row, Memorial Day once again marks the start of the Blue Star Museums. Blue Star Museums is an initiative by the National Endowment for the Arts to offer free admission to active duty service people and their families to over 2,000 museums across the United States.
The basic rundown is the same for all the Blue Star Museums:
- Memorial Day (May 26, 2014) – Labor Day (September 1, 2014).
- Active duty and spouses are eligible with ID
- Free admission for ID holder and up to 5 family members
To find a museum near you, check out this clickable map, which breaks it down by state. Some of the museums that are great for families are:
- Corning Museum of Glass
- Morgan Library and Museum
- Museum of Natural History in NYC
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum