Jacksonville, Florida is a very affordable family friendly destination, with low hotel rates to free parking at the beaches. Jacksonville offers visitors the experience of a lifetime without paying for it for life.
Here are 10 free activities to spice up a family vacation.
1) Listen to world renowned Jazz performers at the Jacksonville Jazz Fest.
2) Enjoy a day by the river with music, food and local crafts at the Riverside Arts Market.
3) Do Yoga, bike, browse through local vendors at the Community First Saturdays in downtown Jacksonville.
4) Go for a hike and explore Jacksonville’s green areas at the Jacksonville Arboretum and Gardens.
5) Visit dozens of local galleries during ArtWalk every first Wednesday of the month.
6) Spend the day at Jacksonville Beach, basking in the sun.
7) Visit Kingsley Plantation, the oldest Plantation house in Florida.
8) Take a tour of the Budweiser Brewery and enjoy a free beer tasting.
9) Free Tuesdays at the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens. The riverfront museum features art from 2100 B.C. to the 21st Century, with masterpieces by Peter Paul Rubens, Winslow Homer and Norman Rockwell.
10) Ride the Jacksonville Skyway, which connects the Southbank’s Museum of Science and History and Friendship Fountain with the Northbank’s Jacksonville Landing in downtown Jacksonville.
11) The Jacksonville Landing has free music and entertainment during the weekends.