The Sanctuary in Scottsdale, AZ is a spectacular resort adjacent to Camelback Mountain (Will Farrell hung out here while filming a movie). Hyundai invited me to The Sanctuary to experience their new luxury sedan, the Genesis. It was certainly the right setting to position a luxury brand: pristine beauty overlooking a desert kingdom; suites with mountain views and private pools, and the food was delicious.
In honor of Superbowl XLIX and this year’s Superbowl location, the Sanctuary’s Executive Chef Beau MacMillan is sharing his recipe for Ham & Jam sliders. As a country girl at heart, I appreciate a great biscuit and as a traveler, I appreciate a tasty finger food that I can pack for the family’s next vacation.
Yields 12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbs. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs. buttermilk
- 5 Tbs. unsalted butter, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onion, including tender green tops
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, black pepper and kosher salt until well mixed.
- Mix in butter until pea sized. Add cheddar cheese and green onion and stir and toss lightly to combine.
- Stir in 1 cup buttermilk until the mixture forms a soft, slightly sticky ball.
- With lightly floured hands, divide the dough into 12 equal portions. Form each portion into a rough ball and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Space the balls about 1-inch apart. Brush the tops with the remaining 2 tablespoons buttermilk.
- Bake at 350˚F for 15 to 18 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
Red Pepper Jelly
Yields 2 1/8 quart
- 3 large red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3/4 cups cider vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 package Certo liquid pectin
- Place peppers in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped, but not pureed.
- Place chopped peppers in a large bowl with cider vinegar, sugar, salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Put mixture in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add Certo and continue to cook at a slow rolling boil for 35 to 40 minutes, until you can “drag” a spoon around edges of pan or until it passes the jelly test coating the back of the spoon or dripping from spoon very slowly.
Snake River Farms American Bone in Ham
- 1 large Snake River Farms American Bone-in Ham
- Heat oven to 275˚F. Place ham in a roasting pan and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Heat for approximately for 12-15 min. per pound. When center of ham reaches 125˚F allow the ham to rest for 15-30 min. Keep covered with foil while resting.
- Slice biscuits in half and rub with a generous portion of red pepper jelly. Slice ham thinly and place in between biscuit halves. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided via MG-PR.