While this lemon-blueberry duo is my warm weather muffin of choice, this recipe easily adapts to other fruits. I always have a bag of the dried ingredients mixed so when I get home after a trip I just need to add the remaining ingredients to the recipe and I’m ready to go! Or, bring the dried mix with you and find a local market for the rest of the ingredients. Grab a disposable muffin tin and you’re all set!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup grated lemon zest (2 large)
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- Sugar in the raw (optional)
- Non-stick aerosol spray or 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together. Stir in the oil and the milk.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in the cinnamon, lemon zest and blueberries.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan with non-stick spray or butter and fill each cup 2/3 full with the batter. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with sugar in the raw.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Join our NEW Facebook Community: Making Travel Easier. We promise to always tell you what we would tell our best friend -- what works for kids, what doesn’t and what you need to know before you go to have the Best. Family. Vacation. Ever. Our group of travel experts are ready to answer your travel questions!