Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and buy, TravelingMom may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Who doesn’t love to whip up a quick and easy guacamole while on vacation? This fairly classic version is my favorite recipe and takes all of about 10 minutes to make.
The Best Ever Guacamole Recipe
Recipe Type: dip
Makes 2 ½ cups.
- 3 ripe Hass avocados, halved lengthwise and pit removed
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 small tomato, seeds and core removed, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ large jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Tabasco (optional)
- With the tip of a knife, score the avocado flesh and scoop it into a medium bowl. Mash with a fork or potato masher until fairly smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients, mixing well, but gently, and serve immediately.
Join our NEW Facebook Community: Making Travel Easier. We promise to always tell you what we would tell our best friend -- what works for kids, what doesn’t and what you need to know before you go to have the Best. Family. Vacation. Ever. Our group of travel experts are ready to answer your travel questions!