You don’t have to rock a tiara, tutu or princess-themed costume to participate in the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend … but you do need to register early, as runDisney events sell out quickly. Here’s what you need to know if you’re considering one of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend races.
Tinker Bell Half Marathon
Tinker Bell 10K
Never Land Family Fun Run 5K
runDisney Kids Races
January 16 -19, 2014
May 7 – 10, 2015
runDisney recently announced the new date for 2015 during Mother’s Day Weekend. Checkout the fun announcement video at the end of this post.
Location of Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Events
Disneyland Resort; Anaheim, California
Family Fun at runDisney Events
Yes, it’s a multi-generational event perfect for families and kids of all ages. It is women-themed, but some men do participate. You can also run individually or as a two-person team.
Tips for Traveling to Disneyland
This is a great race for a girlfriends getaway or to bring your family for vacation. Plan your travel days so that you have enough time to stay and play in the park! Disneyland® Resort Hotels are within walking distance to all of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend events. There are complimentary shuttles at select Anaheim area hotels so make sure to inquire if staying off property.
What Makes This Race Special?
runDisney races are popular and loved for providing the Disney experience during the race and throughout the weekend. Running through the parks, lots of characters and entertainment along the course, and rockin’ a tiara, tutu or a princess-theme race costume is all part of the runDisney fun. They are also known for awarding you with beautiful bling. The Tinker Bell Half Marathon is one of the two runDisney races that take place in Disneyland. It makes you eligible for the coveted runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge Medal (when complete a half marathon distance or longer race at both the Disneyland® Resort and Walt Disney World® Resort in the SAME calendar year).
What You Need to Know
- runDisney races sell out fast so look make sure to watch for the open registration date.
- runDisney races are fun for beginner and veteran runners; and are great first-time races.
- You need to run a 16 minute per mile pace for Tinker Bell Half Marathon, Tinker Bell 10K or the Never Land Family Run 5K.
- Other weekend events include the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Expo and Pasta in the Park Party.
- Theme park tickets are not included in your registration.
- Race start times are early. The half marathon kicks off at 5 a.m.
- There’s The ChEAR Squad for spectators including several packages from reserved viewing areas to VIP treatment in the Platinum ChEAR Zone.
Yes, there is bling for all of the races.
T-shirts are also included for the half, 10K & 5K
Size of the Race
Approximately 14,000 run the Half Marathon
Approximately 21,000 participate throughout the weekend
Half Marathon starting at $175
10K starting at $95
Kids race $20 per dash
The 2014 Races are sold out; and the 2015 fees have not yet been announced. Be sure to check the runDisney site for updated prices.
For more information, visit runDisney.com.
Until next time …