Places to eat with kids in Chicago
Chicago has some of the world’s best chefs and it’s the second location for Eatily, but family dining calls for another kind of fun. CThese restaurants are some of our favorite places to eat with kids in Chicago.
- Ed Debevic’s. This throwback to a 1950s-style diner has great shakes and chili dogs and waiters who sing and insult the clientele. Great fun for kids.
- Wildberry’s Pancakes. The pancake concoctions here are worth the wait for a table.
- American Girl Place. This is a girls place. Boys look very uncomfortable in the store and the dining room. Not cheap, but you’re paying for the experience.
- Maggiano’s. This Italian restaurant offers huge portions. Consider splitting an entrée to save room for dessert or plan to bring some back to the hotel for a late night snack.
- Uno Chicago Grill (or Unos, as the local call it) is now a national chain, but the Chicago one at Wabash and Ohio is the original. The second restaurant, Due (two in Italian) is a block away. If the lines are too long at one, try the other.