Las Vegas is not just for adults. There are actually lots of activities for families in Las Vegas and many of them are completely free! Here is a list of 25 Las Vegas activities for families in no particular order.
1. Bellagio Conservatory – Always changing and always free, the conservatory is always decked out in flowers.
2. Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat – Gardens and animals! You can even swim with dolphins if you like. Prices vary.
3. High Roller Las Vegas – The tallest observation wheel in the world, peaking at 550 feet, the High Roller offers views of the Strip and the surrounding desert valley.
4. Blue Man Group Procession – Any day that they are preforming you can catch their free procession at 6:15 in the Monte Carlo casino floor.
5. Bellagio’s Dancing Fountains. This choreographed display is a music and light show that happens regularly–every 15 minutes during the evening hours and every 30 minutes each afternoon.
6. Ethel M Chocolate Factory – Take a self guided tour, enjoy a free sample and watch the chocolate being made from behind large glass windows. You can also walk through the cactus garden. At Christmas time, this cactus garden is decorated in Christmas lights.
8. Ride the Aria Express – This is a free tram ride that goes back and forth between Monte Carlo, the Bellagio and City Center.
9. World’s Largest Chocolate Fountain – See this for free while inside the Bellagio. It is found around the left side of the conservatory. This is a great place to take a funny photo with your kids. They can pretend it’s pouring into their mouths.
10. Art in City Center – Take a stroll to look at the free art around City Center.
11. Downtown Container Park – This free park features a tree house along with play spaces.
12. Discovery Kid’s Museum – This is an excellent children’s museum. If you haven’t been in recent years you will really enjoy the massive updating they did.
13. Hike the Aria hotel – A one of a kind workout at the Aria with 60 minutes of walking, climbing and some work-out sets like sit-ups, push-ups, and lunges.
14. Shark Reef – Mandalay Bay has an awesome aquarium with all kinds of fish and sharks. It even has touch pools.
15. Town Square – An outdoor mall just south of the Strip with an excellent playground for kids. On hot days, they turn on a splash pad too.
16. Tivoli Village – An outdoor shopping center with a covered playground for kids. Plus, there is a splash pad and a sandbox.
17. The Mob Museum – A museum about the history of the mob in Las Vegas, as well as its roots in Chicago and New York.
18. Cirque du Soleil Show – Most of the shows are kid friendly. We highly recommend “Beatles Love” and “Mystere.”
19. Recycled Percussion – This is a great show for kids at Planet Hollywood.
20. Calico Basin – Free hiking near the entrance of the Red Rocks
21. Red Rock Canyon – A 40 minute drive west of the Las Vegas Strip is a beautiful spot. You can drive through or go for a hike.
22. Valley of Fire State Park – An hour north of Las Vegas is an incredible state park.
23. Flamingo Hotel’s Wildlife Habitat – These flamingos and other animals live in a garden at the Flamingo. It’s free to walk around.
25. Ride some rides at Circus Circus or Stratosphere