What I learned about Disney World during the planning process:
1. There are four major parks:
2. After looking at the different options I decided to get the four day – non – hopper- passes. Since I’d be visiting the parks with small kids I thought it was better to explore one park at a time to be able to truly enjoy each separately.
3. Epcot and Hollywood Studios. As good as they are, are the parks that have the least attractions for kids under three.
4. Hollywood Studios was the most relaxed of the four parks and we left it for last.
1. Attractions and rides – Fast Pass Action – This was a great find for us! All you have to do is to figure out what rides you want to go on and which have the fast pass. Rides in this park don’t get too crowded. But rides like the Toy Story Woody Ride tend to get long lines, so get the passes early in the morning, or they will run out!
My older boy also got a fast pass for the Tower of Terror.
2. Shows at Disney Studios – It is a good idea to find out the schedules of the different shows of the park. This way you can get organized and will help you decide the order in which you will see them. We had to choose only shows that would suit my youngest boy. But there were some other that I think would have been great!
Another must do for boys is in this park is the Indiana Jones Show.
Muppets – baby! This one is just so great for everyone.
3. Character Greetings – It wouldn’t have been a visit to a Disney park without this. It is all about figuring out where your favorite ones are!
We saw the incredibles, Phineas and Ferb, a toy soldier from Toy Story, Cars reunion and of course Mickey!
4. Eating – You will not get hungry here! There are tons of restaurants; we ended up picking Pizza Planet from Toy Story.
5. Take a walk along the sets of different movies, exhibits, cities and so much more.
Spending a day at Hollywood Studios was a lot of fun! But I learned that if you have 4 or 5 days, with kids, it is better to stay in Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom. They offer up to two days of fun each! Leave Hollywood Studios for last, and visit it only if you feel that you have explored and enjoyed the other parks for long enough.
Important information for Hollywood Studios