The one thing that you can learn from reading all of my lodging recommendations: Stay in a vacation rental whenever possible.
Sure, hotels can be fun if:
- You are looking for the resort experience
- There aren’t any vacation rentals in the area
But believe me when I say that vacation rentals can save your trips when traveling with kids.
Unless you get rooms that can be connected, hotels are usually one room. This means that there are no spaces like a living area to hang out in which can truly make a difference. Also, having a meal without having to get all decked out and leaving the comfort of a sofa and TV can be fun.
Finding Vacation Rentals in Florida – Golf Resorts are Great Options
As I planned our recent visit to Florida’s Nature Coast I noticed that we would have a lot of down time. Most activities last only half day. This would have meant a lot of time cooped up in a hotel room. Not fun at all with two (extremely) energetic boys.
So the search for accommodations began and, Florida came on my radar because it was close to all the major activities we wanted to do in these areas:
That’s how I found Van der Valk Golf Resort Inverness. The first thing that I noticed was that they have all sorts of vacation villas and condominiums that would work for all family sizes and parties. Plus, you get tons of amenities for the price of the house or condo.
I wanted to have a living room, a dining room and a private pool because of how much down time we were going to have. We needed a place where the kids would be entertained as my husband and I chilled out. I got that and more!
When we finally arrived to the four bedroom house at The Inverness Golf Resort it reminded me of the neighborhood I grew up in. I felt at home instantly.
Tour of Our House for the Next Three Days
We have stayed in a lot of vacation rentals. This one was without a doubt the most spacious we ever had. Normally the houses or villas have two bedrooms but this one had four. There was also a private swimming pool. I loved it!
I liked the kitchen so much that I started feeling domestic and ended up cooking (not a common thing). There was also a dining room, a living room with TV and comfy sofas (we spent a lot of time here) and an enclosed patio where the pool was.
Now, the bedrooms were a big deal for my oldest boy. There were four of them and he got three to choose from. The master bedroom was of course not an option, my husband and I deserved the one with the best bathroom.
After a lot of fun he finally went for the “Red” room.
There was also a welcome package filled with tasty things waiting for us. Anyone who plans to stay here for seven days or more gets it for free. They also have the option of asking for whatever else you will need before you get there.
Surprises kept coming, the fridge also had some more stuff.
Features, Benefits and Amenities that You Receive Staying on the Golf Resort
1. Golf courses galore – There are nine golf courses and a country club. You get access to all of them when you rent a house or condo. I don’t think anyone offers that deal. We are not golfers but we enjoy staying at golf resorts because they offer beautiful open spaces.
2. Country Club entrances – If, like us, you don’t play golf you can swim indoors or outdoors in Olympic size pools. They also have spas and gyms.
3. Free canoe rentals
4. Views that are true serenity
5. Access to a farm right on the property. Plus, equestrian lessons or horse tours.
Information for Visiting the Inverness Golf Resort
Phone: (352) 637 1140
Address: 4555 E. Windmill Drive, Inverness Florida 34453
Villas and Rates
Comfort Villa $204 – $218
- It has 2, 3, or 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a spacious living room and open kitchen and can accommodate 2 – 8 guests.
Golf View Villa $218 – $229
- It has 3, or 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a spacious living room and open kitchen. The villas can accommodate 2 – 8 guests.
Executive Villa $250 – $286
- It has 3, or 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, a spacious living room and open kitchen. The villas can accommodate 2 – 8 guests.
Condo $204 – $200
- It has 2 or 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a spacious living room and open kitchen and can accommodate 2 – 6 guests.
- Lakeside Country Club, Home course
- Citrus Springs G&CC, Citrus Springs
- Juliette Falls G&CC, Dunnellon
- Skyview Golf Course, Hernando
- The Oaks at Citrus Hills, Hernando
- The Meadows at Citrus Hills, Hernando
- Brentwood at Terra Vista G&CC, Lecanto
- The Country Club of Silver Springs Shores, Ocala
- Miona Lake G&CC, Wildwood
What They Offer
Guests are offered an exclusive Golf, Sport & Wellness package.
This package consists of:
- Free green fees on 9 local golf courses.
- 6 tennis courts
- 2 private fitness centers
- An indoor and outdoor pool
- Private spa & Wellness center
- And a social activity program
There are also:
- 3 “Members Only” restaurants
- A Theater
- 2 Racquet ball indoor courses