It is a tradition for us to visit South Florida every year for the holidays. That’s because my family lives in West Palm Beach. We also take that opportunity to go on short trips around Southern Florida. We have explored West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Miami and the Florida Keys but for some reason we keep on skipping Fort Lauderdale.
This time I made it my mission to visit it and check out what all the fuss is about, because it does get a lot of buzz around it.
I’ll start by saying that I recommend to stay on the water during your visit to Fort Lauderdale. This gives you two options, to stay on the beautiful canals or on the beach.
I think that the canals are better if you have a boat at your disposal or if you live there. They are not that great for families because there aren’t many options for water fun. That’s why we chose the beach.
Among all of the beachfront hotels we decided to go with the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.
Why the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort?
When you start searching for hotels in this area you will notice that there are simply way too many to choose from.
To start narrowing down the options I went to my reference bank of hotels or chains that I have stayed in before and liked the experience. One of these was a Hilton. Without looking any further I contacted them and booked an Ocean View Suite.
When I travel with my kids I always like to have some living space.
Another important feature for me was a balcony. What’s staying on the beach if you can’t have one?
I must say I made a great choice. The room was everything I hoped for.
It is located across the street from the beach and has beach access, which is awesome!
More Fun to be Had at Our Fort Lauderdale Hotel
Aside from our spacious room and amazing views, a few other things we loved from the property are:
• Entrance and Valet Parking – Parking in Fort Lauderdale is not an easy thing, so having a valet is super helpful. Plus you don’t have to worry about your car for the whole time you are in the hotel.
• Lobby – We were there for the holidays and my boys loved the festive feel it had.
• Fitness center – I’ve stayed in tons of hotels and resorts which claim to have fitness centers, but this one trumps every single one of them. The hotel has an actual gym in it.
• Adults only – Not traveling with kids is literally music to my ears. Don’t get me wrong; I love LOVE to travel with my kids. But let’s get real. During that sweet opportunity that parents get to go on their own, the last thing they want is to be around other people’s kids. This part of the hotel must have been my favorite. Even if for this particular trip I enjoyed it peripherally.
• Pool time – They have a massive pool open all hours of the day and night, which is when we really enjoyed it, the water was warm and there weren’t tons people in it.
• Beach time – The main reason to come here is to spend quality time with your family on the beach, which is directly across the street.
Information for Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Address: 505 N. FT. LAUDERDALE BEACH BLVD, FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA, 33304, USA
Check in: 3pm
Check out: 11am
Price: from $199 to $1,440 – depending on the time of the year and the room you choose
No pets or smoking permitted