Can you imagine spring training at Disney World? Don’t expect Mickey Mouse, but there sure is a Disney effect. The Atlanta Braves call Champion Stadium home at the ESPN Wide World of Sports in Walt Disney World during February and March. Fans flock to cheer them (or the opposing team) on.
Either buy a spring training package trip or add it on to your planned Disney World trip. To really enjoy a game make note of these tips:
- Buy your tickets in advance – you’ll pay $5 extra the day of the game. You can also get various packages for your family and for groups of 10 and more.
- Arrive early – although parking is free, the parking lot is huge. It can take a while to get to the stadium. Your chance for autographs from the players is much better than during the game as well.
- Make it special – rent a Luxury Suite which includes food
- Accessibility – wheelchairs are offered for free at the Information Booth in the ESPN Complex. Bus transportation which is accessible is available from Disney’s All-Star Sports Resorts, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Pop Century Resort on specific schedules.
- Accessibility of Champion Stadium – there are handicap rows in the stadium. Companion tickets are sold and chairs are offered to sit near the person who uses a wheelchair or other mobility device.
Spring training at the ESPN Wide World of Sports can be an added part of your Walt Disney World trip or a trip that you take specifically to keep up with the Atlanta Braves. Whatever your choice, it makes for an experience you won’t likely forget.