One thing that concerns me every time that my family and I visit my parents in Florida is having my boys entertained for the whole duration of our trip. Because, let’s face it, all of the excitement of seeing and hanging out with the grandparents and receiving presents wears off quickly. After around 24 hours I’m left with two boys asking “What do we do now?”
The good thing is that West Palm Beach is a place where tons of different activities for all ages are offered. You will find museums, parks, zoos, tours and much more. The problem is that after traveling as much as we have, it is hard to find a unique and unforgettable adventure for my two and eight year old boys.
Since one of those activities you must do in Florida is to take a boat tour I started looking at the options. Luckily I found just what I was looking for, I bet you never imagined that you can take your kids sailing on a a real live Pirate Ship!
I’m so happy I found Black Sparrow Pirate tours! It was all I hoped for, the time we spent on the ship where some of the best hours we spend while exploring Palm Beach.
Here is what you get during the kids tour:
1. It all starts when you are greeted by two pirates at the dock. After signing in, you or your kids can get fake tattoos and a pirate-like mustache to become real pirates.
2. Once you get on boat a pirate explains everyone the pirate code. After that the pirate games for kids start. But be careful, if you don’t follow the rules, you walk the plank!
3. Now it’s time for the adventure to start! Every good pirate has a treasure map, but first you need to build it! Once all the pieces are on the right place it’s time to decode the map to figure out where the treasure is.
4. But there is a problem that needs to be solved right away! You just got a message in a bottle, and it’s bad news, someone stole the key to the treasure chest and you need to get it back before finding the treasure.
6. Every good pirate knows that the adventure cannot end until you have all done the Limbo Rock!
See how fun it is? It got me so excited to see my boys having so much fun. I know that by now you think that you know everything about the tour but this is one of those things that you can’t truly get a feel of what it’s like until you have experienced it!
My Take On It:
Since we travel so much, I take my kids on all sorts of different tours every year! This means we have experienced so many things that it’s hard to find something that gets us really excited. So, finding unique things to do in florida for kids was a challenge. In this case I can honestly say that this has been one of the best experiences for both of my boys. You know a tour for kids is truly amazing when it can get a two year old to interact and immerse itself in it.
NOTE: A very important thing that I learned is that if your kids are over 10 years old they might not be interested. This was so amazing for my family because both of my boys are under 10. So keep that in mind.
Black Sparrow Pirate Ship
Sailing Times: 9:00am, 10:30am, 12:00pm, 1:30pm, 3:45pm, and 5:15pm
Address: 200 East 13th Street, Riviera Beach, FL 33404
Phone: 561 775 0139
Cost: $25 + tax