Not exactly a VIP hotel, but I recently stayed two nights at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis in a standard room with a King-sized bed.
- In the heart of downtown Atlanta.
- Starbucks store in the lobby.
- Connects to the MARTA (train/subway) and Peachtree Center mall though a covered breezeway.
- Lots of dining options in the hotel itself.
- Impressive lobby with clear elevators offering a fun ride to your room.
- Updated rooms
- Great views of the city
- Small rooms
- Left my room at 9:30 a.m. and when I returned at 4:30 p.m. it still wasn’t serviced.
- Asked the bell hop for a taxi to a restaurant two miles away and despite the long line of taxis waiting, he waved over a black SUV, which then charged me $15 without tip to my location. No meter, just provided the arbitrary amount. On the way home, I used UBER to go back and it cost only $5 with tip! Annoyed that I had asked for a taxi to begin with though! Felt swindled.
For tips on what to see and do while in Atlanta check out my 24 Hours in Atlanta VIP Spots post.
24 Hours in Atlanta