I have a confession to make. I have been married for eleven years but we never had a proper honeymoon. As soon as we married we moved to Costa Rica and that was it!
After all that time, now that our kids are old enough for me to trust them with my parents and know that they won’t kill my folks, we finally went on an official mini-honeymoon.
This time, instead of planning a trip on how to move to new county I was able to plan a totally cool trip.
My husband has been talking about going on a motorcycle road trip for ages. But having a motorcycle at this point of our lives isn’t realistic. We have young kids. So I thought this was a great time to make our dream come true, at least for a short period of time.
The Process for Getting our Harley Davidson Rental
I never thought that I would be a biker chick but I was thrilled to take on that role for four days.
1. Making initial contact – Talking about motorcycles isn’t my thing. Even my husband who loves them doesn’t know anything about
Harley Davidsons. But I somehow had to pick the right one for us. The people at Eaglerider were extremely helpful. They answered all my questions without making me feel like a moron. On the contrary, talking to them, made me more excited to get going.2. Location –
Eaglerider has a lot of locations, six of them are in Florida. The Fort Lauderdale location is the closest to my parents’ home and my boys were going to stay with them, so I picked that one. This location is super easy to get to.
3. Picking the Bike – Eaglerider has one of the largest selections of Harley’s in the country. This made picking the right one a challenge. After talking to a pro we went with the Harley Davidson Electra Glide.
4. Paperwork and insurances – We knew which motorcycle we wanted. The next step was to sign the contract and pick the insurance. You never know what could happen, so we went for the best one. It was around $28 per day plus a third party insurance for $18 per day. They have many plans to choose from, so pick the one that suits you.
5. Helmets – These are vital and were included in the rental fee.
6. Motorcycle jackets – I had my own, but if you don’t, you can rent one for the length of your trip.
7. Reviewing the bike – This is a necessary step. Make sure to go over the entire bike before you hop and go. You don’t want to have any surprises when you bring the motorcycle back. Be meticulous and keep track of any dings or scrapes that are on the motorcycles. The bikes are practically new and in great condition, so it was quick.
8. Packing up the bike – I don’t know if all Harleys do but the Electra Glider had tons of space for our luggage. There was a back luggage compartment as well as two large compartments on both sides.
9. Let’s Ride – By this time we were soooo ready to go. Stay tuned to our motorcycle adventure.
Information about Eaglerider Motorcycle rentals and tours
Harley Davidson® Electra Glide®
Harley-Davidson® Road King®
Harley Davidson® Street Glide™
Harley-Davidson® Fat Boy® and
Harley Davidson® Dyna® Low Rider®
• Daily Rate at $149.00
• Weekly Rate at $735.00
Harley Davidson Sportster 1200
• Daily Rate at $123.00
• Weekly Rate at $721.00
Harley Davidson® Sportster® 883
• Daily Rate at $101.00
• Weekly Rate at $567.00
Tours/Packages in Florida
High Seas Rally Motorcycle Tour – Guided Motorcycle Tour
• 5 Days / 4 Nights
• Through: Orlando, Everglades City, Key West, Ft. Lauderdale
Florida Back Roads South Guided Tour
• 8 Days / 7 Nights
• Through: Daytona, St. Augustine, River Ranch, Everglades, Key West, Jupiter Island
Florida Backroads North Guided Tour – Guided Motorcycle Tour
• 6 Days / 5 Nights
• Through: Orlando/Daytona, St. Augustine, Jekyll Island, Cedar Key.
Florida Keys Motorcycle Tour™ – Guided Motorcycle Tour
• 8 Days / 7 Nights
• Through: Orlando, Juno Beach, Miami, Key West, Fort Myers
Address: 1880 S. Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33306