The Stars at night are big and bright….deep in the heart of Texas. Are you heading to the Super Bowl in Dallas this week or just happen to be visiting the Dallas Fort Worth area soon? Here is a list of 6 things you will love about this Lone Star State’s City.
- Food: Food Trucks are popping up all over and Dallas has a few great ones too. If you are in Texas some good Mexican food is a must eat at least once. A favorite Mexican Food Truck is the Salsa Limón. They serve up tacos for only $1.50 each! Check them out www.salsalimon.com
- Dancing: Texas isn’t Texas without it’s cowboy boot struttin’ Country dancing. Cowboy Dance Hall offers up free dance lessons for those of us who are trying the cowboy boot country dancing for the first time. www.cowboysdancehall.com
- History: The Fort Worth Stock Yards National Historic District gives a true sense of the old West. Fort Worth once known as “cowtown.” It was the last stop for supplies for cattle herders. Today the Stock Yards is filled with museums, old timey photos, a herd of longhorn cattle, good food, shopping to fill all your Big Texas dreams and more.www.fortworthstockyards.org
- Farmers: The Dallas Farmers Market is “the place where locals go” for good fresh locally grown food, flowers, meat and more. It’s one of the largest farmers markets in the country. www.dallasfarmersmarket.org
- Museum: The Old Red Museum is the place to go for the history of Dallas County. www.oldred.org
- JFK: One can’t help but think of JFK when thinking of Dallas. The John F. Kennedy Memorial was designed by architect Philip Johnson to symbolize the freedom of John F. Kennedy’s spirit. The memorial will be offering extended hours during the Super Bowl. www.jfk.org