Staying on the beach during our family trip to St. Augustine, Florida was not my idea. But when I contacted Bayfront Marin House the owner, Sandy, recommended her new beach cottages, Beachcomber, on Vilano Beach Florida as a fun option for my family, and we took it.
My original goal was to stay close to the historic district in a B&B. That’s how I found Marin House in the first place. And I was told that the cottages had 2 rooms, a living room with amazing views, benefits of staying at the main house with free parking and breakfast.
Why St. Augustine Beach Rentals Is A Better Choice for Families
- Coziness and spacious living room with full entertainment system
- Full kitchen – I don’t cook often when we are at home and when I travel, I prefer not having to do it at all. But having a kitchen can make a difference, especially when traveling with kids. It is helpful to have one in case I need to warm up food for my boys, to make some tea, pop some pop corn and store leftovers from eating out.
- Comfy and firm beds – Tested and approved by my boys.
- Sleeping arrangements for everyone – There were 2 bedrooms with two queen sized beds. My boys are violent sleepers and move around a lot, sometimes even king size beds are too small for them. So we prefer to have them sleeping on different beds. That’s why we loved the idea of having a couch in the living room for my oldest boy.
- Views – I don’t know about you, but for me waking up to a gorgeous sunrise over the ocean is way better than one over buildings, even the historic ones. This was one of the best parts of staying here.
Since it is a new property they only had two cottages ready for guests when we got there in December. They are working hard to have it fixed up and there are now three cottages finished, one with a jacuzzi and a porch to lay out on. Ours had a small porch to sit on.
For breakfast we visited the main house, but we still had the freedom and space of a private cottage. It certainly was liberating to know that we weren’t making too much noise that could annoy other guests. And the best part: it was so close to downtown, St. Augustine and all attractions were never longer than a ten minute drive away.